DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Sternal Closure Systems Market by Product (Closure Devices (Wire, Plate, Screw, Cable,), Bone Cement), Procedure (Median Sternotomy, Hemisternotomy, Bilateral Thoracosternotomy), Material (Stainless Steel, Peek, Titanium) - Global Forecast to 2023" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global sternal closure systems market is projected to reach USD 2.61 Billion by 2023 from USD 2.02 Billion in 2018, at a CAGR of 5.2% during the forecast period.
On the basis of product, the market is categorized into closure devices and bone cement. In 2018, closure devices segment is expected to account for the largest share. The large share of this segment is attributed to the increasing number of complex cardiovascular surgeries and growing availability of medical reimbursements across developed markets.
Based on procedure, the market is segmented into median sternotomy, hemisternotomy, and bilateral thoracosternotomy. The median sternotomy segment is expected to be the fastest-growing segment of the market during the forecast period. Factors such as rising number of critical patients suffering from cardiovascular diseases and significant availability of reimbursement for critical cardiac surgeries across developed markets are expected to drive the growth of the median sternotomy segment during the forecast period.
Based on material, the sternal closure systems market for medical devices is segmented into stainless steel, PEEK, and titanium. The titanium products segment is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. The increased market focus on titanium-based products due to associated advantages and economies-of-scale, and growing number of clinical research to evaluate the clinical efficacy of these products during sternal closure are expected to drive the growth of this segment during the forecast period.
- Technological Advancements in Sternotomy Techniques
- Increasing Target Patient Population Coupled With the Subsequent Increase in the Number of Surgical Procedures
- Growing Availability of Medical Reimbursements Across Major Markets
- Procedural Risks Associated With Sternal Closure
- Excise Duty, Taxes, and Legislations for Medical Devices Across the Globe
- Increasing Research Activities for Sternal Closure Procedures
- Emerging Markets
- Dearth of Skilled or Technicians & Surgeons
- Limited Awareness Among Healthcare Providers About Novel Sternal Closure Techniques
Key Topics Covered
2 Research Methodology
3 Executive Summary
4 Premium Insights
5 Market Overview
6 Sternal Closure Systems Market, By Product
7 Sternal Closure Systems Market, By Procedure
8 Sternal Closure Systems Market for Closure Devices, By Material
9 Sternal Closure Systems Market, By Region
10 Competitive Landscape
11 Company Profiles
- A&E Medical
- Acute Innovations
- Changzhou Waston Medical Appliance Company Limited
- Depuy Synthes (A Part of Johnson & Johnson)
- Idear S.R.L
- Jace Medical
- Jeil Medical Corporation
- KLS Martin Group
- Kinamed Incorporated
- Media Group Australia Pty Ltd
- Orthofix International N.V.
- Praesidia SRL
- Zimmer Biomet Holdings
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/9xg767/sternal_closure?w=4