PISCATAWAY, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--IEEE, the world's largest technical professional organization dedicated to advancing technology for humanity, today announced that registration is now open for the inaugural 2018 IEEE 5G World Forum to take place 9-11 July in Santa Clara, CA, USA. IEEE 5G World Forum program presentations, sessions and workshops will delve into practical aspects of 5G development and examine opportunities for innovation in vertical markets and new applications where 5G serves as the entry point.
“Collaboration across practices and world regions in these early days of development of 5G and applications on top of it will result in a better quality deployment and greater opportunities across the global landscape,” said Ashutosh Dutta, General Co-chair, IEEE 5G World Forum.
Program highlights include keynote speakers from China Mobile, Facebook, National Instruments, Stanford University, T-Mobile, and Volkswagen. The IEEE 5G World Forum will offer a rich program of:
- Plenary and vertical industry keynotes
- A Startup Forum - new companies in the 5G space showcasing their innovation; promotes engagement of start-ups
- A Worldwide 5G Industry Fora Session – participants outline their national 5G strategy and adoption status, discuss alignment and harmonization
10 Vertical/Topical tracks
- in markets expected to be early adopters of 5G, including media and entertainment; intelligent transport; e-health / mobile health; Industrial Internet of Things; 5G applications
- topical sessions - deep dives into advancements and challenges related to 5G: open API; unbundled; Open Source and testbeds; security and privacy; policy and regulation; standards and optics
- 20 technical sessions
- workshops, tutorials and industry demos.
Discounted advance registration rates are available until 15 June via the IEEE 5G World Forum web site registration page. After 15 June, registration will continue up to the event.
“Worldwide there is a proliferation of 5G forum initiatives formulating strategies, developing roadmaps, harmonizing and aligning technologies and spectrum allocation,” said Latif Ladid, General Co-chair, IEEE 5G World Forum. “The IEEE 5G World Forum is where these 5G fora from regions around the world will meet to share and collaborate on 5G for the benefit of all. We anticipate that the shared knowledge and vision will have a very positive impact.”
The IEEE 5G World Forum is produced by members of the IEEE 5G Initiative, which serves the purpose of engaging professionals worldwide from industry, government, and academia to work together to solve the challenges associated with 5G and beyond and lay the foundation to realize its many opportunities. The IEEE 5G Initiative includes contributions from many IEEE societies and has several working groups for which it seeks volunteers from both industry and academia to participate. Learn more at 5g.ieee.org or connect via these social media channels:
- Twitter: @5GIEEE
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/8560944
- Collabratec: https://ieee-collabratec.ieee.org/app/community/76/activities
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ieee5g/
IEEE is the world’s largest technical professional organization dedicated to advancing technology for the benefit of humanity. Through its highly cited publications, conferences, technology standards, and professional and educational activities, IEEE is the trusted voice in a wide variety of areas ranging from aerospace systems, computers, and telecommunications to biomedical engineering, electric power, and consumer electronics. Learn more at http://www.ieee.org.