PORTLAND, Ore.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Standard Insurance Company (The Standard) has launched a newly redesigned website – standard.com. Built around customer feedback, the mobile-friendly site is redesigned from the ground up to be more engaging and easier to navigate.
“We asked our customers what they wanted and needed from our site. Then we built it,” said Dina Khoury, vice president of Marketing at The Standard. “Consistent functionality presented in a more easily accessible format, plus content that answers our customers’ questions, were key. The new site not only provides an enhanced customer experience, it also does a better job sharing who we are as a company, what’s important to us and what it’s like to work with The Standard.”
The Standard’s redesigned site includes a number of new features:
- “I Want To” navigation. Based on customer feedback, this intuitive feature guides customers to information based on their needs and goals. For example, selecting “I Want to Encourage Financial Wellness” presents a variety of content, insights and ideas. This helps HR benefits administrators think about supporting their employees’ well-being through holistic benefit selection.
- Updated and engaging content. Written in plain language, content about the company’s products and services is easier to understand and evaluate. Information-rich content is presented with clear visual cues and graphics.
- Improved accessibility for people with disabilities. The site is crafted to remove barriers that prevent interaction with sites by people with disabilities. Customers have equal access to information and options in how they want to receive it including a high-contrast view, captions and alternative text when using assistive technologies.
- Enhanced newsroom. An updated newsroom highlights The Standard’s industry expertise and thought leadership including news, social media feeds and published articles. Members of the media can access story ideas and other company information.
- Robust contact wizard. This intuitive feature quickly provides contact information from any point in the site. Combined with commonly asked questions, this feature ensures customers can access information and contact The Standard’s customer support teams quickly and easily.
Site security and consistent functionality remain a top priority with The Standard. On the new site, customers can access the same functionality and services they know and trust. The company’s recently-added security enhancements, including two-step verification, provide even more protection against fraud, unauthorized access and identity theft.
The Standard is a marketing name for StanCorp Financial Group, Inc., and subsidiaries. Insurance products are offered by Standard Insurance Company of 1100 SW Sixth Avenue, Portland, Oregon, in all states except New York, where insurance products are offered by The Standard Life Insurance Company of New York of 360 Hamilton Avenue, Suite 210, White Plains, New York. Product features and availability vary by state and company and are solely the responsibility of each subsidiary. Each company is solely responsible for its own financial condition. Standard Insurance Company is licensed to solicit insurance business in all states except New York. The Standard Life Insurance Company of New York is licensed to solicit insurance business in only the state of New York.