SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Womply, the leader in front office software for small- and medium-sized businesses (SMBs), today launched the first-ever Small Business Almanac, a comprehensive index of revenue patterns at small businesses in all 50 states and across nearly 20 major industry categories, including restaurants, automotive services, lodging businesses, and independent retailers and wholesalers.
“Our Small Business Almanac is the most powerful and useful tool to illustrate how sales are flowing on Main Street,” says Toby Scammell, Womply’s founder. “Thanks to our unique data assets, nobody has a better viewpoint than Womply on how consumers are interacting with small, local businesses nationwide. We’re excited to share these valuable insights with the entire small business community.”
Womply’s database curates billions of transactions for millions of American small businesses. The Almanac enables anyone to query that database and see an aggregate view of:
- Average daily and monthly transaction revenue for businesses in a selected state and/or industry category.
- The distribution of transaction revenue over the days of the week and months of the year.
- Full-year transaction trends for the trailing 12-month period.
- Year-over-year changes in revenue, beginning with the first quarter of 2018.
At the national level, revenue in the first quarter of 2018 was generally higher compared to the first three months of 2017. Key small business revenue metrics for Q1 include:
- Average monthly revenue for all small businesses nationally was up 7 percent year-over-year to $48,461.
- Restaurants were up 11 percent to $53,628.
- Local retailers and wholesalers were up 3 percent to $48,665.
- Automotive services businesses were up 3 percent to $32,090.
- Lodging businesses were up 1 percent to $97,271.
“In the past, small businesses have had to fly blind as it relates to benchmarking their sales against other businesses in their industry or region,” Scammell says. “Our purpose in launching the Small Business Almanac is to help entrepreneurs put their business performance into context and illuminate how consumers are spending at local businesses in general.”
Womply is a software-as-a-service (SaaS) provider to small businesses and one of the fastest growing software companies in America. Our mission is to help small businesses thrive in a digital world. Every day we serve more than 100,000 small businesses across 400+ business verticals, in every corner of America. To learn more, visit http://www.womply.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org.