BOSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Fidelity’s family office business, the division of Fidelity Investments® that provides custody, brokerage, investment and reporting services to family offices, wealthy families and the advisors that support them, today announced that Rupal Poltack has joined the team as senior vice president, Family Office Strategy. Since its inception in 2004, the business has grown to administer $134 billion in assets on behalf of more than 400 ultra-high-net-worth families.1 Rupal will report to Andrew Fay, the head of the family office business, and will work to expand the business’s involvement with regional and national family office organizations, oversee business and product development and drive an increased focus on innovation and digitization opportunities for family office clients.
“Rupal’s diversity of experience and connectivity within family office networks will be instrumental in helping us accelerate our innovation and enhance the value we deliver to our clients,” said Andrew Fay, head of Fidelity’s family office business. “Fidelity has been serving family office executives for nearly 15 years—but the landscape is changing. Rupal’s prior leadership roles within a complex family office have positioned her well to drive our business forward as we continue to deliver exceptional, differentiated service to our family office clients.”
Rupal served as chief financial officer and chief operations officer at a large single family office and private trust company for more than nine years. There, she held fiduciary responsibilities for corporate companies/entities, trusts, and partnerships for family investments and philanthropy and oversaw the organizations’ operations including finance, accounting, technology and risk. Rupal also served on several advisory board organizations in the family office industry, including Institutional Investors, Glenseagle’s 50 Group and Archway Technology Partners.
Note to Editors:
Fidelity’s Family Office Business
- Fidelity’s family office business provides custody, brokerage, investment and reporting services to family offices, wealthy families and the advisors that support them. The offering is a cost-effective alternative for family office clients who want institutional capabilities delivered with objective guidance, exceptional service, integrity and security.
- Fidelity’s family office business was founded in 2004, and as of March 2018, administers $134 billion in assets.
- Fidelity provides services to more than 400 family office clients, including 180 single-family offices, 33 multi-family offices and 185 wealthy families across the country.2
- Fidelity’s family office business has received several industry accolades, including four Private Asset Management Awards for Best Single-Family Office and Multi-Family Office Service Provider and a WealthManagement.com Industry Award for research and insights on family office executive compensation.
- Fidelity’s family office business provides thought leadership resources and insights to family office executives, including its Multi-Family Office Compensation Study and Single Family Office Compensation Study. Fidelity expects to begin publishing chapters of its upcoming eBook, “Evolving the Family Office” in April of 2018.
Biographical Information for Rupal Poltack
- In her new role, Rupal is responsible for driving the strategy of Fidelity’s family office business.
- Rupal re-joined Fidelity in 2016 as senior vice president, Strategy and Planning for Enterprise Technology. In this role, she led the assessment of key initiatives and practice management designed to advance technology development.
- From 2007-2016, Rupal served as chief financial officer at a large single family office and private trust company.
- Rupal’s first position at Fidelity was from 2003-2007, where she worked as director in Fidelity Pricing and Cash Management Services in the Business Analysis division.
- Rupal started her career as a manager at PricewaterhouseCoopers in the Global Risk Management Services group from 1994-2001.
- Outside of Fidelity, Rupal is a board member of Hill House, Inc. The organization works with administrators, board members and volunteers to fund and execute service activities in order to meet the diverse social, educational, cultural and recreational needs of individuals and families residing in Boston’s downtown neighborhoods.
- Rupal is also a mentor for WOMEN Unlimited, an organization known for developing and retaining high potential women.
- Rupal received a bachelor of science degree in Finance from Boston College.
About Fidelity Investments
Fidelity’s mission is to inspire better futures and deliver better outcomes for the customers and businesses we serve. With assets under administration of $6.9 trillion, including managed assets of $2.5 trillion as of February 28, 2018, we focus on meeting the unique needs of a diverse set of customers: helping more than 27 million people invest their own life savings, 23,000 businesses manage employee benefit programs, as well as providing more than 12,500 financial advisory firms with investment and technology solutions to invest their own clients’ money. Privately held for 70 years, Fidelity employs more than 40,000 associates who are focused on the long-term success of our customers. For more information about Fidelity Investments, visit https://www.fidelity.com/about.
Fidelity Clearing & Custody Solutions® provides clearing, custody, or other brokerage services through National Financial Services LLC or Fidelity Brokerage Services LLC, Members NYSE, SIPC. 200 Seaport Boulevard, Boston, MA 02210.
© 2018 FMR LLC. All rights reserved.
1 Fidelity client data as of March 19, 2018
2 Fidelity client data as of March 19, 2018