SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Docker recently announced the agenda for DockerCon 2018, scheduled for June 12-15, 2018 at Moscone West Convention Center in San Francisco, Calif. DockerCon is expected to draw more than 6,000 IT leaders, developers, architects and sysadmins from all over the world and will feature more than 120 sessions from Docker, its enterprise customers as well as users and partners across the ecosystem. Attendees will have the option to attend sessions tailored to where they are in their containerization journey, whether it is an introductory tutorial on Docker or a Black Belt session for advanced Docker users.
Guest keynote speakers will include Robert Tercek, innovation expert and the author of Vaporized, as well as Docker customer and Fortune 100 company, Liberty Mutual - with more speakers to be unveiled in the coming weeks.
With millions of users and more than 450 commercial customers leveraging Docker today, the collection of innovation stories and use cases continues to grow rapidly. The speaker lineup for DockerCon 2018 encompasses a wide range of content spanning the community and some of the largest enterprises in the world, including:
Enterprise Use Cases with Docker Enterprise Edition:
- Packaging Software for Distribution on the Edge with Docker and Windows Server by Peter Ngai (GE Digital)
- Digital Transformation with Docker, Cloud and DevOps: How JCPenney Handles Black Friday and 100K Deployments Per Year by Srikanth Bulusu and Sanjoy Mukherjee (JCPenney)
- Modernizing Traditional Applications with Docker by Jeff Murr (MetLife) and Brian Walker (Docker)
- Kubernetes Extensibility by Tim Hockin and Eric Tune (Google)
- Automated Hardware Testing Using Docker in Space by Christopher Heistand (Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab)
- Accelerating Development Velocity of Production Machine Learning Systems with Docker by Kinnary Jangla (Pinterest)
|Docker, users, customers and ecosystem partners|
|June 12-15, 2018|
|Moscone Center, San Francisco|
Register and view the speaker lineup here: 2018.dockercon.com
The conference will feature discussions on a wide range of topics led by experts from Docker and the Docker community across all industries. Due to popular demand, DockerCon will include a third day that gives attendees the opportunity to attend encore performances of top-rated sessions and participate in Hands-on Labs. The sessions will be divided into seven different tracks:
- Customers in Production: Use case sessions highlight how companies are using the Docker Enterprise Edition container platform to modernize their infrastructure and build, manage and secure distributed applications - demonstrating business value and ROI.
- Using Docker: Using Docker sessions are introductory sessions for Docker users, dev and ops alike - and are filled with practical advice, learnings and insight.
- Black Belt: The Black Belt Track features deeply technical talks covering not only container technology but also related projects.
- Docker Docker Docker: These sessions provide a deeper dive into Docker CE and EE tooling, implementation, and real world production use recommendations.
- Innovation: The Innovation Track shows how containers are redefining our technology toolbox, from solving old problems in a new way to pushing the boundaries of what we can accomplish with software - encompassing IoT, Machine Learning, distributed systems and more.
- Transform: The Transform Track focuses on the impact of change - both for organizations and ourselves as individuals and communities - and will further equip you to drive innovation.
- Ecosystem: Docker’s partners take the helm to discuss how partners help strengthen and expand the Docker ecosystem.
- DockerCon Website: (https://2018.dockercon.com/)
- DockerCon news on Company Blog: (http://blog.docker.com/tag/dockercon/)
- DockerCon on Twitter: @dockercon (https://twitter.com/dockercon)
- Company Blog: (http://blog.docker.com/)
- Company Twitter: @docker (https://twitter.com/docker)
- GitHub: (https://github.com/docker/docker)