WASHINGTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Xploration Station TV Host and Ocean Explorer Danni Washington will be emceeing and performing at the 5th USA Science & Engineering Festival Expo, presented by Lockheed Martin. Designed to inspire the next generation of inventors, creators and innovators, the Festival is a free, family-friendly expo taking place April 7 and 8 at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in Washington, D.C. that allows kids and adults to participate in thousands of exhibits, experiments, and stage shows.
“Our nation’s future relies on encouraging more kids to go into STEM careers. By hosting the nation’s largest science festival, we are hoping to capture their imaginations by introducing them to STEM innovators and superstars and by engaging them in hands-on projects to illustrate that STEM can really take them anywhere they want to go,” said Marc Schulman, Festival Executive Director.
The Festival features science celebrities, explorers, astronauts, physicists, inventors, and experts in fields like oceanography, climatology, robotics, medical research, neuroscience, space exploration, artificial intelligence, and more. Stage shows and other participating celebrities include:
- Explosive Science with Dr. Kate Biberdorf
- World Champion of Magic and Science Curator Jason Latimer
- America’s Science Teacher Steve Spangler
- NASA Astronaut Jessica Meir
- Tyraine Ragsdale (a.k.a. Grand Hank)—Presents the Superpowers of Hip Hop
- Science Cheerleaders
- Mathemagician Art Benjamin—Performs rapid mental calculations faster than a calculator
- Mr. Freeze of Fermilab—Demonstrates cryogenics fun properties
- Stunt Scientist Steve Wolf—Talks about Hollywood stunts in Spider-Man and other movies
- 3M Visiting Wizards—Performs mind-boggling demonstrations
- The Franklin Institute’s Science Showdown
- Prismatic’s Science Laser Spectacular show
- Educator Darryl Lee Baynes—Performs his high energy STEM “Edu-Tainment” Show
- USDA Takes Flight: Woodsy Owl, Drones and More!
- Abbott’s Girls in Stem: Changing the Belle Curve
- ASIMO—Honda’s humanoid robot that interacts with people on the Honda booth stage
The Festival Expo, which takes place at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in DC on April 7 from 10am-6pm and 8th from 10am-4pm, is the grand finale of the Festival’s year-long science celebration. Taking over the entire convention center, the Festival Expo features over 3,000 hands-on activities showcasing how STEM Can Take You into the deep blue, into cyberspace, inside the human body, into nature, into outer space and beyond! In all, the Festival expects to draw more than 350,000 people.
Founded by serial entrepreneur Larry Bock and Lockheed Martin executives to address the severe shortage in science and tech talent, the USA Science & Engineering Festival is the nation’s largest science festival and was developed to ignite the next generation’s interest in pursuing careers in science and engineering.
The Festival is free but pre-registration is required. To learn more, visit usasciencefestival.org.