SAN JOSE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Innovium, Inc., a leading provider of networking solutions for data centers, today announced sampling of TERALYNX switch silicon. TERALYNX offers the world’s fastest 12.8 Terabits/sec throughput, while delivering line-rate programmability, largest on-chip buffers, breakthrough telemetry and best-in-class low-latency. TERALYNX includes most up to date support for 10GbE to 400GbE Ethernet and delivers 128 ports of 100GbE, 64 ports of 200GbE or 32 ports of 400GbE in a single device. Coincident with ecosystem availability of PAM4 optics and gearboxes, TERALYNX will propel adoption of high-performance, cost & power efficient 12.8T based solutions in 2018 at major cloud and OEM customers.
The TERALYNX product family delivers a highly differentiated set of capabilities at 12.8T/6.4T/3.2T configurations. Innovium’s patented ground-up design in TERALYNX provides customers clear advantages in programmability, robust tunneling, low latency, power efficiency, and advanced analytics/telemetry that are essential for scale data-centers.
“Bandwidth demand in the data center continues to grow exponentially. Large data center customers are looking forward to adopting 12.8 Tbps switches and 400GbE connectivity to address their insatiable appetite for bandwidth,” said Alan Weckel, Founder and Technology Analyst at 650 Group. “We are pleased to see the sampling of Innovium's market-leading TERALYNX 12.8 Tbps data center switch. This is nicely aligned with availability of PAM4 based 200G/400G optics and gearboxes to enable significant evaluation and adoption of the next generation data center architectures in 2018.”
TERALYNX Key Features:
- Switch capacity up to 12.8Tbps with large 70MB on-chip buffers
- Up to 256 SerDes that support 10/25G NRZ and 50G PAM-4 IO speeds
- High port count 100G, 200G and 400G connectivity using 50G PAM-4 with support for 10/25/40/50/100/200 and 400GbE connectivity
- Industry leading power efficiency, with 2X performance per watt
- Comprehensive IP forwarding and highly scalable/flexible layer 2 and 3 tables for IPv4, IPv6 and hybrid networks
- Line-rate programmability to accommodate future protocols with software upgrades
- Extensive tunneling capabilities such as IP-in-IP, GRE, MPLS, VXLAN and Geneve
- Very low latencies of < 350ns
- Advanced QoS/traffic management feature set
- FLASHLIGHT™ delivers breakthrough visibility and telemetry, including support for P4 In-band Network Telemetry (INT) along with critical extensions
“We are delighted to announce the sampling of our 12.8Tbps TERALYNX switch silicon,” said Rajiv Khemani, Co-founder & CEO. “TERALYNX was designed from a clean sheet and optimized for large data centers with critical innovations and capabilities. I am very proud of what our team has accomplished without feature compromises. The customer reception has been outstanding and Innovium looks forward to delivering a product with all the necessary capabilities to meet their needs.”
Innovium is a provider of high performance, innovative switching silicon solutions for data centers. Innovium TERALYNX family delivers software compatible products ranging from 3.2Tbps to 12.8Tbps with unmatched power efficiency, radix, programmability, buffers and low latency. Innovium team members have a highly successful track record in delivering several generations of widely deployed data center products. The company is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California and is backed by leading venture capital firms including Greylock Partners, Walden Riverwood, Capricorn Investment Group, Qualcomm Ventures, S-Cubed Capital and Redline Capital. For more information, please visit: http://www.innovium.com
Innovium and TERALYNX are trademarks of Innovium, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.