PHILADELPHIA--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Before the first pitch is thrown on Opening Day, baseball fans will be delighted to know a new lineup of distinctive and flavorful menu options awaits them at their favorite ballpark.
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK), the award-winning food and beverage partner of eight Major League Baseball teams, spent the off-season reviewing consumer insights and exploring local food trends, to identify the foods and flavors fans are craving. From tasty taco trios, to reimagined franks and sandwiches, and even more vegan and vegetarian options, Aramark is offering elevated ballpark menus that are sure to be a hit with fans.
“Food has become a major player in the fan experience and that increased role is a motivating factor for us to continue to enhance our menu offerings each season,” said Carl Mittleman, President of Aramark’s Sports and Entertainment division. ”Ballpark food has come a long way. In addition to doing the classics well, we’re focusing on driving quality, increasing healthy options, making it convenient and providing personalization for our guests.”
Here are some of the new menu items Aramark is introducing for the 2018 season. Photos can be downloaded here:
Taco Trio Takeover
The only thing better than one taco is three! This season, Aramark will serve signature taco trios at each of its partner ballparks.
- BBQ Brisket Taco Trio (Kauffman Stadium) – Smoked BBQ brisket topped with queso fresco and green onions, in flour tortillas.
- Chicken & Purple Slaw Taco Trio (Coors Field) – Chicken topped with salsa verde and purple slaw, in flour tortillas.
- Hot Chicken Taco Trio (PNC Park) – Breaded Nashville hot chicken topped with “Comeback Slaw,” mozzarella cheese and dill pickle chips, in flour tortillas.
- Korean Beef Taco Trio (Rogers Centre) – Korean beef topped with slaw and cilantro, in flour tortillas.
- Pineapple Pulled Pork Taco Trio (Minute Maid Park) – Pulled pork topped with pineapple and garlic pepper salsa, in flour tortillas.
- Seasoned Pulled Chicken Taco Trio (Fenway Park) – Braised organic chicken, fresh pico de gallo, pickled slaw and chipotle sour cream, in flour tortillas.
- Smoked Brisket Taco Trio (Citizens Bank Park) – House smoked brisket topped with jalapenos, cilantro crema, queso fresco and sliced radishes, in corn tortillas.
- South Bay Lobster Tacos (Citi Field) – Maine lobster topped with sharp jack cheese, avocado salsa, citrus slaw, queso and jalapenos, in white corn tortillas.
Sandwiches and Franks
- Brisket + BBQ Sandwich (Rogers Centre) – Smoked beef brisket, blood orange BBQ sauce, pickle chips and crispy onion tanglers, on a brioche bun.
- Chicken Philly (Kauffman Stadium) – Grilled chicken topped with provolone cheese, peppers, onions and mushrooms.
- Crispy Chicken Sandwich (Citizens Bank Park) – Fried chicken topped with tomato bacon jam, roasted shaved Brussels sprouts and Vermont white cheddar cheese, on a brioche bun.
- Jalapeno and Cheddar Kielbasa (Kauffman Stadium) – Topped with queso blanco, curtido slaw and fried shallots.
- Log Cabin Waffle Sandwich (Rogers Centre) – Rosemary scented waffles stuffed with pulled pork, cheese curds and maple baked beans, topped with mole sauce.
- Pulled Pork Pierogie Hoagie (PNC Park) – Saucy pulled pork, potato and cheese pierogies topped with crispy onions on a hoagie bun.
- Rocky Mountain Po’boy (Coors Field) – Rocky Mountain oysters topped with garlic slaw, guacamole, green chili ranch, pico de gallo and cotija cheese, on a po’boy roll.
- Taco Club (Coors Field) – Taco seasoned ground beef topped with melted cheese, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, fried jalapenos and a drizzle of avocado sour cream.
- Texas Cheese Steak (Minute Maid Park) – Slow-smoked pork smothered with queso, served on a pretzel roll.
- Triple Play Dog (Coors Field) – Extreme dog topped with Carolina style pulled pork, crumbled bacon bits and purple slaw.
- Loaded Taco Fries (Minute Maid Park) – Fresh cut fries topped with beef picadillo, lettuce, avocado, queso, sour cream and tortilla strips.
- Distillery Poutine (Rogers Centre) – Potato tots topped with pulled pork, cheese curds, whiskey-raisin gravy and green onions.
- Mile High Mac-N-Cheese (Coors Field) – Green chili mac-n-cheese topped with crumbled chorizo and pico de gallo.
- Fenway Taters (Fenway Park) – Cavendish Farms tater tots topped with savory bacon bits, sour cream and fresh chives.
Vegan and Vegetarian Eats
As part of Aramark’s Healthy for Life 20 By 20 initiative, and ongoing commitment to providing fans with greater variety, choice and access to healthier menu options, Aramark continues to expand vegan and vegetarian options in the ballparks it serves.
- Greens and Grains (PNC Park) – Kale, spinach, roasted corn, carrots, quinoa, brown rice, cranberries and sunflower seeds, tossed in a Sriracha-carrot dressing.
- The Impossible Burger (Citi Field) – Plant-based vegetarian burger, made to order.
- Un-Tuna Salad (PNC Park) – Chick pea salad made with celery, pickle relish, onions and sweet mayo dressing, served on wheat bread with spinach.
- Vegan Cauliflower Cheesesteak (Citizens Bank Park) – Roasted cauliflower, poblano peppers, onions, vegan cheese sauce and vegan roll.
- Vegan’Acho Nacho (Rogers Centre) – Red and white tortilla chips topped with vegan cheese, black beans, guacamole and pico de gallo.
- Wowfulls Waffle Cone Ice Cream (Citi Field) – Hong Kong-style egg waffles served as a cone with ice cream and toppings.
- Jane Dough Cookie Dough (Minute Maid Park, Rogers Centre, Citizens Bank Park) – Gourmet edible, small batch cookie dough, available with or without soft serve and toppings.
- Crème Brulee French Toast (Fenway Park) – House made pastry cream & chocolate ganache, Vermont maple syrup and Fenway Farm’s Strawberry sauce, topped with powdered sugar.
- Rockies Fritters (Coors Field) – Fried purple berry fritters covered in a sweet rum glaze and dotted with purple and silver pearls.
In addition to the great tasting food available at concession stands, Aramark is bringing the convenience of cashless transactions to the fans in their seats. Believed to be an MLB first, many in-seat vendors, or hawkers, at each of the ballparks Aramark serves will accept credit cards for select menu items being sold.
Aramark is the proud partner of ten Major League Baseball teams, providing food and beverages, retail and/or facilities service to the Baltimore Orioles, New York Mets, Philadelphia Phillies, Colorado Rockies, Boston Red Sox, Kansas City Royals, Houston Astros, San Diego Padres, Pittsburgh Pirates and Toronto Blue Jays.
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, state-of-the-art healthcare providers, the world’s leading educational institutions, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 270,000 team members deliver experiences that enrich and nourish millions of lives every day through innovative services in food, facilities management and uniforms. We operate our business with social responsibility, focusing on initiatives that support our diverse workforce, advance consumer health and wellness, protect our environment, and strengthen our communities. Aramark is recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE, as well as an employer of choice by the Human Rights Campaign and DiversityInc. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.