Middle East B2C E-Commerce Market 2018, reports on the growth of online retail in nine countries of the region. Improvements in infrastructure and increased Internet connectivity are among the factors pointing to near-term growth of B2C E-Commerce.
Retail E-Commerce sales in the countries of the Middle East are projected to increase significantly between 2017 and 2020. The main impulse for the rapid growth is increased Internet penetration, already surpassing 90% in many nations of the region. Shoppers are also warming to the idea of online shopping, though the tradition of brick and mortar shopping remains strong. Forecasts cited in the publication indicate an annual cumulative growth rate that will result in the doubling of online retail sales by 2020 compared to 2017 for the Gulf countries.
In addition to the preference for in-store shopping, other barriers to development of online retail in the Middle East include a preference for cash payment and challenges with last mile delivery. Nevertheless, most countries covered in the publication are responding to the efforts of international merchants such as Amazon.com and AliExpress.com as well as local online retailers including Souq.com to promote online shopping.
Key Questions Answered
- How is online retail evolving across the Middle East?
- What are the leading B2C E-Commerce markets in the Middle East?
- What are the projections for retail E-Commerce sales in the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, and other countries?
- Which key trends affect the development of online retail in the Middle East?
- Who are the leading E-Commerce competitors in this region?
Key Topics Covered:
1. Management Summary
4. Saudi Arabia
- Alibaba Group
- Amazon.com Inc
- Delivery Hero
- Dubizzle Middle East FZ-LLC
- eBay Inc
- Jarir Bookstore
- Noon E Commerce
- Souq.com FZ-LLC
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/2c782m/middle_east_b2c?w=4