DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Electric Power Grid Protection & Control in a World of 33% Renewables" conference has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Power system Protection and Control (P&C) of various electrical equipment and apparatus requires good understanding of phase and ground short circuit currents, detection, and safe clearing of the faulted equipment. This course is ideal for engineers shifting into the field of Protection and Control. This program starts with a thorough overview of power system fundamentals, design approach and short circuit calculations principles which lead to the understanding of protection scheme requirements and its applications.
Protection requirements for industrial plants, cogeneration, and interconnection with utility power system are explained in detail. This course covers the subject of power system protection from a practical perspective, and includes important functional specs such as testing and coordination of protection systems. This course is designed for individuals who are involved with industries and utilities to get up to speed and to learn how to design and protect electrical systems.
What You Will Learn:
- REFRESH your knowledge of power systems design, planning, analysis, protective device applications, protective relay schemes, and relay coordination for safe and efficient operation of electrical power systems and equipment
- DEVELOP your own relay settings and thoroughly understand the philosophy of protective systems
- Learn Distributed Energy Resources" ("DER") grid interconnection in the real world
- LEARN actual cases illustrating various techniques in present use and highlighting particular approaches used by experienced system designers
- ENHANCE your experience with power system protection problems generally faced and solutions successfully adopted by industry
- UNDERSTAND how to apply microprocessor-based multi-function relays on PROTECTION of various power system equipment and apparatus
- GAIN valuable experience from an instructor who spent more than three decades of consulting work around the world to various utility and industrial power systems
For more information about this conference visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/3dbzfq/two_day_course?w=4