LOUISVILLE, Ky.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--David Novak, the co-founder and former Chairman and CEO of Yum! Brands (NYSE:YUM) and recognized global leadership expert, is launching oGoLead™ Heartwiring and Hardwiring Your Leadership™ Digital Training Program to address the lack of leadership development in the American workforce today. The New York Times bestselling leadership author provides proven leadership training that research shows is needed more than ever to help people succeed in today’s challenging work environment. It’s helping today’s ‘Now Generation’ of workers.
“The need for strong, positive leadership in our world has never been greater. Many people want to become better leaders to advance to the next level in their careers, learn how to work more effectively with others and build positive cultures, but unfortunately, they are not receiving the leadership training to help them achieve their life goals,” said David Novak, founder and CEO, oGoLead.
Toxic leadership is not only responsible for lowering employee morale and negatively affecting company culture, it is damaging to business, individuals, organizations and the U.S. economy. All are paying a price for the lack of positive leadership and a healthy work environment:
- Trust in U.S. institutions has crashed, posting the steepest, most dramatic decline ever.1
- Two out of three employees aren’t engaged at work. A majority of Millennials are not engaged and they have three times the turnover of older generations and place a very high value on positive company culture.2
- 87-percent of managers agree they wish they had received more management training when they first took on the role.3
- A majority of Millennials say professional development is important, yet the majority feel their leadership skills are not being fully developed.4
- Actively disengaged employees costs $483-605 billion each year in lost productivity; Millennial turnover alone costs $30.5 billion annually.5
“oGoLead’s proven approach teaches people how to Heartwire their leadership skills by building passionate commitment in the people they lead, and how to Hardwire their success with processes, procedures and discipline to get consistent results. The combination of Heartwiring leaders and Hardwiring success leads to the best results,” said Novak.
The oGoLead Digital Leadership Training Platform features:
- The new, Heartwiring and Hardwiring Your Leadership™ signature online leadership development program. The program teaches individuals how to transform their leadership to bring out the best in themselves, so they can bring out the best results in others. Designed for today’s leaders, the fully integrated program offers self-paced, on-demand learning in a highly interactive and engaging format.
- The Heartwiring and Hardwiring Your Leadership™ program was developed and is taught by successful global leaders with proven, real-world experience and results in over 130 countries around the world. The leadership program includes five Interactive Learning Modules that teach practical leadership skills that can be practiced and applied immediately in the workplace. At the end of the program, participants will develop a three-year vision and a one-year action plan for improving their leadership. The self-paced online course is intended to be taken over a 6-8 week period and is competitively priced versus other premium online courses at just $1,299.
- oGoLead™ Leadership Podcasts – power-packed, bi-weekly podcasts with iconic leaders such as Jamie Dimon, JP Morgan Chase & Co; Indra Nooyi, PepsiCo; Ken Langone, The Home Depot; Brian Cornell, Target Corporation and more. oGoLead also launched a new podcast today featuring an interview with Larry Bossidy, former Chairman and CEO, Honeywell International Inc. The ever-growing podcast library has 29 interviews currently. Content is easily accessible on oGoLead.com and major podcast platforms, including iTunes.com and Stitcher.com.
- oGoLead Blogs and Videos with important leadership insights and tips.
ABOUT DAVID NOVAK and OGOLEAD
David Novak, founder and CEO of oGoLead, is on a mission to help aspiring leaders become more effective and successful by teaching vital Heartwiring™ and Hardwiring™ skills that are more important than ever before. He founded the company in 2017, along with co-founder Gregg Dedrick and Dr. Tim Galbraith, Leadership Consultant, to help people become more effective so they can get better results and make a bigger difference in their worlds. The ‘oGo’ in oGoLead stands for “O Great One!, A Little Book about the Awesome Power of Recognition”—the title of Novak’s third book released in 2016.
Novak was co-founder, former Chairman and CEO of Yum! Brands, one of the world's largest restaurant companies with nearly 44,000 KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell restaurants in more than 130 countries and territories with more than 1.5 million company and franchise associates. A renowned expert on leadership and recognition culture, he is the author of two other highly respected and critically acclaimed books, “The Education of an Accidental CEO” and The New York Times bestseller, “Taking People with You.”
Novak has been recognized as "2012 CEO of the Year" by Chief Executive magazine, one of the world's "30 Best CEOs" by Barron's, one of the "Top People in Business" by FORTUNE and one of the "100 Best-Performing CEOs in the World" by Harvard Business Review.
Novak’s ‘Lift-A-Life’ family foundation created the largest privately funded leadership service program in middle schools and high schools called Lead2Feed. In 2017, David and his wife Wendy donated $21.6 million to the University of Missouri, School of Journalism, to establish the Novak Leadership Institute. He is the recipient of the 2015 Horatio Alger Award for his commitment to philanthropy and higher education.
For more information, visit www.oGoLead.com.
Edelman Trust Barometer, 2018