MCLEAN, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Quantitative Software Management, Inc. (QSM), a leader in software development estimation and enterprise portfolio and demand management analytics, today announced the availability of SLIM-Collaborate 3.0, QSM’s web-based, software-as-a-service version of the trusted software estimation, tracking and benchmarking suite.
With more advanced workflow capabilities, the updated version of SLIM-Collaborate enables more efficient communication between stakeholders throughout the estimation process. Additionally, the demand resource capabilities added in SLIM-Collaborate 3.0 make it easier for users to identify staffing needs and allocate resources to a software project.
Highlights of the new capabilities in SLIM-Collaborate 3.0 include:
- Solution Workflow Statuses: Software estimates are frequently developed with input from multiple individuals. As an estimate moves through the input and approval process, the estimation team will receive auto-generated email notifications to alert them when action is needed.
- New Charts and Graphs: New charts have been added to the portfolio dashboard to allow users to visualize the risk of a particular program based on schedule, cost, productivity or quality assumptions.
- Integration with Third-Party Applications: SLIM-Collaborate can be configured to share data with external applications such as Project Portfolio Management (PPM) tools. This integration eliminates repetitive data entry and ensures that an organization’s portfolio of projects is based on accurate estimation data.
- New Filtering Options: Customized filters can now be saved and reused, making it easier to compare similar projects. Users can now filter by project type, size, or date range.
- Enhanced Security: SLIM-Collaborate 3.0 now offers a more flexible permissions system that allows administrators to customize roles and access to specific services within the software. Additionally, administrators can now integrate SLIM-Collaborate into an organization’s single sign-on process and set password requirements consistent with their overall security policies.
“SLIM-Collaborate 3.0 is really about bringing stakeholders together. We designed 3.0 so all users, from the technical to C-suite level, could share project information and collaborate on a project estimate, without ever needing to leave the platform,” said Larry Putnam, Jr., Co-CEO for QSM. “In the end, it was about creating a user-friendly, web-based estimation tool that works the way your organization works.”
QSM introduced SLIM-Collaborate in 2012 as a way to bring its traditional SLIM desktop products to the web and provide a flexible, efficient software project estimation tool that can be used in the first steps of IT project planning by the entire project team. QSM's SLIM Suite of tools comprises the industry's top-performing solutions for estimating, tracking and benchmarking software and design projects by leveraging QSM's unique and proprietary database of over 13,000 projects.
- About the QSM Database
- Download the QSM Software Almanac: 2017 Edition
- Visit the QSM Blog
- Follow QSM on Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
About Quantitative Software Management, Inc. (QSM)
Founded in 1978 by one of the pioneers of software measurement, Larry Putnam, Sr., QSM offers estimation products and consulting that enable federal and commercial clients to estimate, track and benchmark projects. QSM tools and methods help software and systems analysts negotiate achievable goals, set realistic expectations, and communicate more effectively with management and customers. QSM offers the SLIM (Software Lifecycle Management) Suite of tools, which contains metrics from a worldwide database of more than 13,000 completed projects, enabling productivity benchmarking on the desktop. Using SLIM to dynamically run 'virtual project simulations,' companies can model and forecast project releases to deliver on time, within budget with > 90% estimation accuracy. Visit us at www.qsm.com.