The Global Wood Processing Market Briefing 2018 provides strategists, marketers and senior management with the critical information they need to assess the global wood processing market.
The wood processing industry comprises establishments engaged in sawing dimension lumber, boards, beams, timbers, poles, ties, shingles, shakes, siding, and wood chips from logs or bolts. This industry also includes establishments engaged in treating planed, sawed and shaped wood with creosote or other preservatives such as alkaline copper quat, copper azole, and sodium borates, to prevent decay and to protect against fire and insects.
Asia Pacific was the largest region in the wood processing market in 2017, accounting for around 55% market share. This can be attributed to a high demand for furniture products, fuelled by a large middle class population and rising disposable income in countries such as China and India. Eastern Europe was the second largest region accounting for around 14% market share. Western Europe was the smallest region accounting around 3% market share.
Robots are replacing traditional hand sanding and wood finishing tools. Robot based wood automation tool providers have launched robots that carry out wood sanding, polishing and finishing precisely and quickly. They are developing technologies for assembling a wooden window frame to routing designs in wood panels for a wide range of materials and surfaces.
For instance, ABB's robot automation solutions were implemented in leading companies such as IKEA, VELUX and Svedplan.
- Markets Covered: Sawmills, Shingle and Shake Mills, and Wood Preservation
- Companies Mentioned: West Fraser Timber, Canfor, Svenska Cellulosa Aktiebolaget, Interfor Corporation, Weyerhaeuser , Sierra Pacific Industries, Northwest Hardwoods, Inc., Koppers Inc., Celulosa Arauco y Constitucin, Simpson Investment Company Inc.
- Geographic Scope: Asia Pacific, North America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, South America, Middle East and Africa.
- Time Series: Five years historic and forecast.
- Data: Market value in $ billions.
- Data Segmentations: Regional breakdowns, market share of competitors, key sub segments.
- Sourcing and Referencing: Data and analysis throughout the report is sourced using end notes.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/nr9c3q/global_wood?w=4