Hydrocolloids are an integral part of the global food and beverage, pharmaceutical, and cosmetics industries, among others. Companies worldwide are focusing their research and development efforts on technological innovations in order to expand the functionalities as well as applications of various types of hydrocolloids in several end-user industries.
This report examines the global hydrocolloid market (except starch) in terms of volume (thousand metric tons) and in terms of value, with a focus on major subsegments and trends in the industry that will impact the hydrocolloid market in the next five years. Plant hydrocolloids originate from plants. The major types of plant hydrocolloids in the market include cellulose and its derivatives, pectins, gum arabic, guar gum, and locust bean gum.
Seaweed hydrocolloids originate from seaweeds, primarily brown and red seaweeds. The major types of seaweed hydrocolloids include cellulose alginates, carrageenan, and agar.
Microbial hydrocolloids originate from microorganisms. The major types of microbial hydrocolloids include xanthan gum, which accounts for over 90% of the overall microbial hydrocolloid market. Other types of microbial hydrocolloids include pullulan and gellan gum.
Animal hydrocolloids originate from the bones and skins of animals such as swine and cattle. The major types of animal hydrocolloids include gelatin, which accounts for approximately 99% of the overall animal hydrocolloid market. Other animal hydrocolloids include chitin and chitosan. Synthetic hydrocolloids, also known as chemically modified hydrocolloids, include sodium alginate and derivatives of several other types of hydrocolloids.
Global food and beverage industry growth; increasing reliance on convenience food around the world; and increasing applications and demand in nonfood industries such as pharmaceutical, oil drilling, and cosmetics are the major growth drivers for the global hydrocolloid market.
Key Topics Covered:
4. Global Forecast For The Hydrocolloid Market
5. Global Market Forecast For Plant Hydrocolloids
6. Global Market Forecast For Seaweed Hydrocolloids
7. Global Market Forecast For Microbial Hydrocolloids
8. Global Market Forecast For Animal Hydrocolloids
9. Global Market Forecast For Others Types Of Hydrocolloids
11. Suppliers Landscape And Company Profiles
- Agarmex, S.A. De C.V.
- Agarpac (Agar Del Pacifico S.A.)
- Andi-Johnson Group
- Archer Daniels Midland Co.
- Arthur Branwell & Co.
- Ashland Inc.
- Bhansali International
- Cargill Inc.,
- Carob, S.A.
- Ceamsa (Compania Espanola De Algas Marinas, S.A)
- Coast Biologicals Ltd.
- CP Kelco
- Darling Ingredients Inc.
- Deosen Usa Inc.
- Drytech Processes Pvt. Ltd.
- Exandal Corp.
- FMC Corp.
- Hebei Xinhe Biochemical Co. Ltd.
- Herbstreith & Fox Corp. Group
- Hindustan Gum & Chemicals Ltd.
- Ihc (Indian Hydrocolloids)
- Ingredion Inc.
- Kantilal Brothers
- Kimica Corp.
- Lamberti S.P.A.
- Madhu Hydrocolloids Pvt Ltd.
- Mingtai Chemical Co. Ltd.
- Norevo Gmbh
- Penn Carbose Inc.
- SHPL (Sunita Hydrocolloids Private Ltd.)
- Snap Natural & Alginate Products Pvt Ltd.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/d6kf6d/global?w=4