CRANBURY, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--OncLive®, a leading digital provider of resources and information to oncology professionals, will host the latest State of the Science Summit™ on advanced non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) on at 6 p.m. Monday, Feb. 19, at the DoubleTree by Hilton in Memphis, Tennessee. The program will be chaired by Lee Schwartzberg, MD, FACP, professor of medicine and chief of the division of hematology/oncology at the University of Tennessee Health Science Center, executive director of West Cancer Center, medical director of West Clinic, president and chief medical officer of Vector Oncology, and a member of the National Comprehensive Care Network board of directors.
This educational event encompasses a robust agenda that focuses on biomarkers in NSCLC, use of surgical resection in the era of biomarker-driven therapy, use of radiotherapy, treating side effects of immunotherapy and combination strategies with immunotherapy in front-line treatment.
Distinguished faculty from the Memphis region include:
- Holger L. Gieschen, M.D., assistant professor in the department of radiology at the University of Tennessee Health Science Center and a radiation oncologist at West Cancer Center
- Heather Greene, an oncology nurse practitioner at West Clinic
- David C. Portnoy, M.D., assistant professor of medicine at Nova Southeastern College of Osteopathic Medicine and the University of Tennessee Health Science Center, and a hematologist and medical oncologist at West Cancer Center
- David Spigel, M.D., chief scientific officer at Sarah Cannon
- Ari Vanderwalde, M.D., associate vice chancellor of research and assistant professor in the Division of Hematology/ Oncology at the University of Tennessee Health Science Center, director of clinical research at West Cancer Center, and chair of the Executive Cancer Council research subcommittee
- Benny Weksler, M.D., FACS, professor of surgery, chief of the Division of Thoracic Surgery and Eastridge-Cole Endowed Professor of Thoracic Surgery at the University of Tennessee Health Science Center
State of the Science Summit™ is a premier conference series hosted by OncLive® with medical experts from across the nation. The series integrates academic and community-based physicians and health care professionals across key disciplines, including medical and surgical oncology and hematology, with the goal to discuss current treatment options.
A digital platform of resources for practicing oncologists, OncLive® offers oncology professionals information they can use to help provide the best patient care. OncLive.com is the official website for Michael J. Hennessy Associates’ Oncology Specialty Group, which publishes OncologyLive®, Oncology Nursing News® and more. Michael J. Hennessy Associates Inc. is a full-service health care communications company offering education, research and medical media, including curetoday.com and CURE® magazine, the largest U.S. consumer publication focused entirely on cancer. Combining science and humanity to make cancer understandable, CURE® reaches patients, cancer centers and advocacy groups.