ST. PAUL, Minn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--To help employees turn their finances from a source of stress into long-term success, Securian Financial Group has launched Financial Wellness 360™—a multi-faceted financial wellness program designed to inspire, educate and encourage employees to make lasting financial behavior changes.
Available to all current and prospective Securian group insurance employer customers, Financial Wellness 360 is comprised of three solutions.
SmartDollar® is an immersive online program that takes a holistic approach to financial wellness. The average SmartDollar user pays off $9,400 in debt and saves $6,100 in the first year.1 Acting as an online personal financial coach, SmartDollar meets people where they are. The program helps users from the day they start the program through their retirement. With over 25 years of experience in the financial wellness space, the program’s “7 Baby Steps” have helped more than 4.5 million people with their personal finances.2 SmartDollar program benefits for employers include:
- A turnkey program with dedicated employee marketing support
- End-to-end employee usage and results reporting metrics
- Employees learn from well-known personal finance experts and best-selling authors3
Advisor Connection offers convenient worksite seminars allowing employees to learn about financial principles that are relevant to them, including personal finance and retirement strategies. An in-person experience allows employees to learn directly from program-certified, registered financial advisors. Advisor Connection program benefits include:
- Securian-managed seminar registration and promotional campaign to drive awareness
- Reporting that includes employee participation and satisfaction data
- A takeaway tool for each participating employee that outlines key concepts with an invitation to schedule a complimentary, no obligation consultation with the advisor
Lifestyle Benefits is a suite of self-service resources that help employees address today’s financial challenges and prepare for tomorrow. Available online and by phone 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, employees can simply access tools as they’re needed. Services include:
- Confidential financial counseling and support4
- Financial assessments, articles and tips
- Travel assistance, including pre-trip planning and emergency services4
- Objective beneficiary financial counseling4
- Will preparation guidance4
- Legal and grief counselling to help with the impacts of significant life events4
“Financial stress distracts employees and can hurt an organization’s bottom line by lowering productivity, increasing turnover and harming workers’ health,” said Elias Vogen, Securian’s director of group insurance client relationships. “By implementing Financial Wellness 360, employers can enhance their benefit packages, provide employees with strategies for long-term financial success and potentially even reduce health care costs. We feel Financial Wellness 360’s ability to help employees make lasting financial behavior changes makes it the most competitive financial wellness program introduced to date. We are excited to share it with our customers.”
A Group Insurance Leader
Securian is the third-largest direct writer of group life insurance in the United States5 and also offers group accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D), accident, critical illness and hospital indemnity insurance. Specializing in large public and private employer plans with 1,000 or more participants, Securian is the top provider of group life insurance to state governments—20—and has an extensive list of Fortune 500 customers, including 20 of the Fortune 100.
ABOUT SECURIAN FINANCIAL GROUP
Since 1880, Securian Financial Group and its affiliates have provided financial security for individuals and businesses in the form of insurance, investments and retirement plans. Now one of the nation’s largest financial services providers, Securian is the holding company parent of a group of companies that offer a broad range of financial services.
1. SmartDollar user data, 2017.
2. Ramsey Solutions, 2018.
3. Personal finance experts and authors include Dave Ramsey, Rachel Cruze and Chris Hogan. Ramsey is the author of “Total Money Makeover,” which debuted #13 on The New York Times Hardcover Business Best Sellers list published October 12, 2004 and has appeared on the list more than 81 times. The book has also appeared on The Wall Street Journal Hardcover Business Best Sellers list more than 500 weeks in a row. Ramsey and Cruze are the authors of “Smart Money Kids,” which ranked #1 on The New York Times Advice, How-to and Miscellaneous Best Sellers list published May 11, 2014. Cruze is the author of “Love Your Life Not Theirs,” which ranked #4 on The Wall Street Journal Hardcover Business Best Sellers List published October 14, 2016. Hogan is the author of “Retire Inspired,” which ranked #1 on The Wall Street Journal Hardcover Nonfiction Best Sellers list published January 21, 2016.
4. Services are offered by Redpoint WTP, LLP, Lifeworks US, Inc. or PricewaterhouseCoopers LLC and are not affiliated with Securian or its group contacts and may be discontinued at any time. Certain terms, conditions and restrictions may apply.
5. Direct group life insurance in force as of December 31, 2016 on a consolidated basis as reported in the Annual Statement Policy Exhibit State Pages. Source: SNL Financial LC. This statistic reflects the insurance affiliates of Securian Financial Group, Inc., Minnesota Life Insurance Company and Securian Life Insurance Company.
SmartDollar services are provided by SmartDollar, and all such services and products are the sole responsibility of SmartDollar. SmartDollar and Ramsey Solutions are not affiliated with Securian Financial Group, Securian Life Insurance Company or Minnesota Life Insurance Company, and the services are not part of an employer customer’s contract with Securian Life or Minnesota Life. Securian has made these services available to its employer customers as a convenience and such availability does not constitute an endorsement of the products and services.