TROY, Mich.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--PPG (NYSE:PPG) today announced that the PPG Foundation completed grants totaling more than $41,000 to six Troy-area organizations in support of educational and community sustainability programs in 2017. The grants were made on behalf of PPG’s local automotive OEM coatings facility.
The grant recipients and funding purposes were:
- Boys Hope Girls Hope: $1,500 for after-school programming and other services to help academically capable and motivated children in need.
- College For Creative Studies: $3,500 for virtual reality equipment for the Transportation Design department.
- Junior Achievement (JA) of Southeastern Michigan: $1,500 to support the JA Finance Park program, which teaches middle and high school students how to develop and maintain a personal monthly budget.
- Kettering University: $2,500 to support the Society of Women Engineers (SWE) Expo, which exposes female high school students to the fields of science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
- SAE Foundation: $30,000 for World In Motion, which is a science, technology, engineering and mathematics education program.
- United Way for Southeastern Michigan: $2,500 to support educational, health and human services programs.
“Helping prepare young people for their futures is important to PPG and the PPG Foundation,” said Matt Marek, PPG vice president, Automotive OEM Coatings, Americas.
PPG and the PPG Foundation aim to bring color and brightness to PPG communities around the world. We invested more than $10.5 million in 2017, supporting hundreds of community organizations across 29 countries. By investing in educational opportunities, we help grow today’s skilled workforce and develop tomorrow’s innovators in fields related to coatings and manufacturing. Plus, we empower PPG employees to multiply their impact for causes that are important to them by supporting their volunteer efforts and charitable giving. Learn more at www.ppgcommunities.com and follow @PPG_Communities on Twitter.
PPG: WE PROTECT AND BEAUTIFY THE WORLD™
At PPG (NYSE:PPG), we work every day to develop and deliver the paints, coatings and materials that our customers have trusted for more than 130 years. Through dedication and creativity, we solve our customers’ biggest challenges, collaborating closely to find the right path forward. With headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate and innovate in more than 70 countries and reported net sales of $14.8 billion in 2017. We serve customers in construction, consumer products, industrial and transportation markets and aftermarkets. To learn more, visit www.ppg.com.
We protect and beautify the world is a trademark and the PPG Logo is a registered trademark of PPG Industries Ohio, Inc.