SAN ANTONIO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Taco Cabana is adding some new savory flavors to its menu with the launch of Loaded Grilled Shrimp Tacos, just in time for Lent season! This new offering is one of many tasty debuts that TC will be rolling out this year in support of its strategic renewal plan, which reinvigorates the beloved restaurant chain’s commitment to fresh, quality, wholesome ingredients.
TC’s Loaded Grilled Shrimp Tacos are available in three NEW flavor profiles – all featuring fresh shrimp seasoned with special fajita spice blends and wrapped in tasty flour tortillas. Guests can purchase their favorite for $2.99 or mix-and-match any three tacos for $7.99, for a limited time only:
- Piῆa – Seasoned shrimp in a fresh flour tortilla, topped with warm, sweet pineapple pico de gallo.
- Rancho – Seasoned shrimp in a fresh flour tortilla, topped with TC’s creamy jalapeño ranch, fresh lettuce and handmade pico de gallo.
- Diabla – Seasoned shrimp drizzled with a spicy chipotle diabla sauce in a fresh flour tortilla, topped with sweet and spicy jalapeño-pickled red onions, crumbled queso fresco and fresh chopped cilantro.
Guests can also take advantage of TC’s ¡Salsa Especial! by topping off their Loaded Grilled Shrimp Tacos at the salsa bar with the new Pineapple Pico de Gallo Salsa – available for a limited-time only and made by hand, with a healthy mix of diced pineapple, tomato, onions, cilantro and lime juice.
“We wanted to offer flavorful seafood taco offerings to give our guests more options during Lent season,” says Taco Cabana President, Chuck Locke. “We’re also excited to add to the salsa bar our colorful, fresh Pineapple Pico de Gallo Salsa, to further complement the authentic Mexican dining experience.”
In addition, Taco Cabana is proud to introduce the latest edition of its TC Time!™ Dozen Taco Boxes, which feature a rotating showcase of 12 signature breakfast and non-breakfast tacos at special TC Time! prices.
The two featured TC Time! Dozen Taco Boxes for February are available any time of day at participating TC restaurants for a limited-time only:
- TC Time! Your Way All Day Breakfast Taco Box – Includes any combination of 12 Bacon & Egg, Chorizo & Egg, Steak & Egg, and Bean & Cheese tacos for $14.99. Guests may also choose to include Potato & Egg breakfast tacos (available during breakfast hours only).
- The Lunch/Dinner TC Time! Taco Box – Includes 12 Flame-Grilled Chicken Fajita Tacos with Bacon, Jalapeño and Salsa Ranch for only $19.99.
“We look forward to exploring new ingredients and flavors with our guests throughout 2018,” Locke added. “In March, we’re excited to bring Brisket back to TC. We will be featuring delicious Texas Brisket, smoked with a blend of Applewood and Hardwoods for true southern flavor that our guests can enjoy across a wide variety of different TC recipes.”
About Taco Cabana
Taco Cabana, a subsidiary of Fiesta Restaurant Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: FRGI), was founded in 1978 and will celebrate its 40th Anniversary in 2018. The Brand specializes in Mexican-inspired food made fresh by hand, including fajitas, quesadillas, flautas, enchiladas, burritos, tacos, flour tortillas and a selection of made-from-scratch salsas and sauces. Restaurants feature open-display cooking, a selection of beer and tequila margaritas, patio dining and drive-thru windows. As of Jan. 1, 2018, Taco Cabana operates nearly 170 company-owned and franchised restaurants in Texas and New Mexico.
About Fiesta Restaurant Group, Inc.
Fiesta Restaurant Group, Inc., owns, operates and franchises Pollo Tropical and Taco Cabana® restaurant brands. The brands specialize in the operation of fast casual/quick service, ethnic restaurants that offer distinct and unique flavors with broad appeal at a compelling value. The brands feature fresh-made cooking, drive-thru service and catering. For more information about Fiesta Restaurant Group, Inc., visit www.frgi.com.