HOUSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Idera, Inc., (“Idera”) parent company of global B2B software productivity brands, today announced strong results in 2017, including nearly 8,500 new customers and revenue growth of more than 15 percent year over year. The company also completed three acquisitions to expand the product portfolio of its Database Tools, Developer Tools and Testing Tools businesses.
2017 milestones included:
- Acquisitions — New brands added to Idera’s product portfolio included: Sencha, a cross-platform application developer productivity tool; Ranorex, a testing automation solution; and AquaFold, a cross-platform database productivity tool. Together, these companies increased Idera’s loyal customers by thousands and added important functionality to Idera’s B2B software tools portfolio.
- Corporate — In May 2017, private equity firm HGGC purchased a majority stake in Idera, resulting in a $1.125 billion valuation of the company. Idera also grew its employee base by 37 percent and received numerous corporate and product awards, including: KMWorld’s List of 100 Companies That Matter in Knowledge Management and a Bronze Stevie® Award in the "Woman of the Year – Technology" category for Heidi Farris, general manager of Idera’s Database Tools business, IDERA.
Products — Idera businesses released 63 total new products in
2017, with major updates that included:
- Developer Tools - Embarcadero RAD Studio with C++Builder and Delphi
- Database Tools - SQL Diagnostic Manager, SQL Safe, SQL Compliance Manager, ER Studio, Aqua Data Studio and DB PowerStudio
- Customers — Idera added nearly 8,500 new enterprise clients across its three businesses while greatly expanding its presence in the Asia-Pacific, Latin American and European territories.
- Community — Idera’s various community efforts across all brands netted an average of 17 percent growth overall with most gains in the database tools and PowerShell areas. In addition, the company hosted 22 IDERA Geek Sync events that connect practitioners with technology experts. Idera also sponsored 47 events for its IDERA Advisors and Community Educators (ACE) program to help active members of the SQL Server community share knowledge.
- Corporate Social Responsibility — Idera contributed more than $27,000 to various charities through community and employee fundraising efforts, including the Austin Humane Society, Austin Pets Alive and Houston Pets Alive.
Looking ahead, Idera predicts 2018 will be a year in which IT professionals will have more choices and opportunities than ever before.
- Testing Tools — Testers with automation and DevOps skills will continue to be in high demand, as testing continues to underpin the delivery of code and infrastructure throughout the project lifecycle. Testers with strong analysis and communication skills will be critical, since the delivery of high quality software relies on accurate requirements. As such, tools like Gherkin and Behavior-Driven Development will continue to deliver huge benefits in the hands of skilled testers.
- Database Tools — Databases will no longer be impractical in container architectures. Ready availability of enterprise-scale database platforms on containers and microservices -- previously the realm of NoSQL or other homegrown systems -- will exponentially extend the applications for enterprise relational database platforms. This will bring enterprise technology to the level where it truly fuels DevOps for the database, and speed the adoption and development of applications in the cloud.
- Developer Tools — We’ll start to see progressive web app (PWA) technologies gain mainstream adoption with updates in mobile browsers. Web developers will quickly adopt PWA technologies such as service workers, notifications and background sync, and create modern PWA web apps that are as fast and reliable as native apps.
Addressing these market shifts requires a nimble company that can deliver new products and solutions faster than competitors. Idera’s proven ability to integrate acquisitions and continually release innovative new products will ensure a continued and important role in its customers’ success.
“2017 was truly a transformative year for Idera, with major acquisitions and significant product expansions that led the company to the next level of success,” said Idera, Inc. CFO Trey Chambers. “With silos breaking down and IT professionals continuing to extend their responsibilities across the technology ecosystem, Idera is well positioned for continued growth in 2018, and beyond.”
About Idera, Inc.
Idera, Inc. delivers B2B software productivity tools that enable technical users to do more with less, faster. Idera, Inc. brands span three divisions – Database Tools, Developer Tools, and Testing Tools – with products evangelized by millions of community members and more than 50,000 customers worldwide, including some of the world's largest healthcare, financial services, retail, and technology companies. To learn more, visit: ideracorp.com.