DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Algae Products Market- Global Opportunity Analysis And Industry Forecast (2017-2022)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global algae products market is expected to reach US$3,318.1 million by 2022, at a CAGR of 6.7% during the forecast period of 2017 to 2022.
This report provides in-depth analysis of algae products market in five major geographies and emphasizes on the current market trends, market size, market share, recent developments, and forecast till 2022.
Factors such as the growing demand for algae products from the pharmaceutical and nutraceutical industries, increasing utilization of pigments from Microalgae due to strict regulations regarding the use of synthetic colors and flavors, and increasing preference for algae sourced products are driving the growth of algae products market. However, factors such as complex production and low awareness about the benefits of algae are expected to hinder the growth of this market to some extent.
The study offers a comprehensive analysis of algae products market with respect to various product types and applications. The global algae products market is segmented on the basis of value (medium value, high value, and low value), product type (hydrocolloids, carotenoids, omega-3 PUFA, spirulina, chlorella, and others), and application (food and feed, nutraceutical, cosmetics, chemicals, and others).
Geographically, the market is segmented into five major geographies, namely North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and the Middle East & Africa. North America dominated the global algae products market in 2016. The large share of North America is mainly attributed to the growing nutraceutical market. The growth of this industry is mainly due to various factors such as a rise in the aging population, increasing healthcare awareness, and higher incidence of allergies and intolerance.
- Growing Demand for Algae Products from the Pharmaceutical and Nutraceuticals Industries
- Increasing Utilization of Pigments from Microalgae Due to Strict Regulations Regarding the Inclusion of Synthetic Colours and Flavours
- Increasing Preference to Algae Sourced Products, especially Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Complex Production of Algae
- Low Awareness About the Benefits of Algae
- Emergence of New Application Areas
- Growing Use of Microalgae in Aquaculture
- Growing Use of Algae in Biofuel Production
Key Topics Covered:
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Insights
5. Global Algae Products Market, by Type
6. Global Algae Products Market, by Value
7. Global Algae Products Market, by Application
8. Global Algae Products Market, by Geography
9. Competitive Landscape
10. Company Profiles
- AlgaeCan Biotech Ltd.
- Algaetech International Sdn Bhd
- Algatechologies ltd.
- BlueBioTech Int. GmbH
- Cellana Inc.
- Corbion NV
- Cyanotech Corporation
- DIC Corporation
- E.I.D. - Parry
- Heliae Development LLC
- Pond Technologies Inc.
- Qponics Limited
- Royal DSM
- Sun Chlorella Corporation
- Taiwan Chlorella Manufacturing Company
- Tianjin Norland Biotech co. ltd.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/w8twln/algae_products?w=4