HAMDEN, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--TransAct Technologies Incorporated (Nasdaq: TACT) (“TransAct” or “the Company”), a global leader in software-driven technology and printer solutions for high-growth markets, announced today that the Company will showcase its full suite of solutions for the global casino, gaming and lottery industries at ICE Totally Gaming 2018 (“ICE 2018), to be held at the ExCel London Exhibition Center on February 6-8, 2018 in London England. The Company’s first-ever standalone display at ICE 2018 (Stand N2-302) will include demonstrations of the current fully-featured and systems versions of Epicentral along with a full lineup of its Epic ticket-in/ticket-out (“TITO”) printers and its Epic roll-fed printers for the global gaming and lottery industries.
“For the first time in our history, TransAct will have a standalone presence at ICE Totally Gaming 2018 where our team will be on hand to demonstrate our full lineup of industry-leading technology and printer solutions for global casino, gaming and lottery operators,” said Bart C. Shuldman, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of TransAct Technologies. “TransAct is the only company to offer both printer and software solutions to these markets, making us a one-stop shop for all customers. Following from our decision late last year to launch direct sales and support operations for European customers, the European sales team is excited to work with customers in attendance to demonstrate our commitment to the industry and to delivering unmatched customer service. Visitors to our stand at ICE 2018 will see our best-in-class portfolio of solutions for casino slot floors, gaming machines and lottery installations, including two unique versions of our Epicentral promotion and bonusing print system as well as our proven Epic TITO and roll-fed printers. We are eager to get to work in London and excited to interact with customers from around the globe as we continue our dialog and help them improve their businesses.”
Epicentral Delivers Casino Revenue Growth
For more than five years, Epicentral has been the gaming industry’s only enterprise-level promotion and bonusing software solution which allows operators to target and provide printed bonuses in real-time to players while they play on the casino floor. Epicentral along with the Epicentral Systems Edition (“Epicentral SE”) will return to ICE 2018 in early February as TransAct demonstrates how its revolutionary solution is successfully “Delivering Casino Revenue Growth” for casinos around the globe. Epicentral effectively bridges the gap between the slot machine and the reward of the printed ticket, allowing operators to drive increased customer visitation and play with ease.
As the latest version of this unique solution, Epicentral v3.9 offers users a host of new features, which build on a proven track record of driving increased time on device and revenue. Innovative features on display at ICE 2018 will include the ability to run multiple promotions at the same time, create games within games, run different promotions on different slot game banks, segment players by tier, promote to different levels of uncarded players and leverage its real-time capabilities to improve operator decision making through detailed activity reports. Furthermore, Epicentral v3.8 dramatically improves the player experience by allowing for the redemption, printing and re-printing of bonuses at multiple locations.
In an increasingly competitive global market, casino operators are keenly aware of the need to differentiate themselves through their bonus offerings. While printed bonuses have historically been offered to loyalty account customers through direct mail or an in-casino host, Epicentral SE now allows operators to leverage their existing system investments to expand bonus capabilities to the gaming device. Epicentral SE easily turns current promotional offerings into printed coupons thanks to the power of Epicentral’s Print Manager and Design Center modules. The system can print and deliver free play vouchers directly to players which they can then redeem at the slot machine while still playing. It also presents operators with an upgrade path to a full Epicentral system implementations should operators want to take their in-casino bonus environment to a whole new level.
Epic: THE Name in Ticket-In/Ticket-Out Printers
TransAct’s best-in-class lineup of Epic TITO printers on display at ICE 2018 (Stand #N2-302) will include its purpose-built Epic Edge TT and Epic 950 TT table top printers as well as the advanced Epic Edge and industry-leading Epic 950. The next-generation Epic Edge is built on the proven long-term performance of the industry-leading Epic 950 and is designed so that both printers can be easily run side-by-side. ICE 2018 attendees will get a clear look at the unmatched reliability of the Epic Edge and Epic 950, both of which are designed to simplify casino operations and improve floor performance.
TITO solutions on display will include:
- Epic 950 – The current industry-standard for TITO printing, TransAct’s Epic 950 continues to deliver proven performance in over 500,000 slot machines worldwide. Easily integrated into all game types, the Epic 950 features TicketBurst™ technology to eliminate player/ticket interference and is fully compatible with Epicentral to provide for the direct, real-time delivery of eye-catching personalized promotions and bonus offers.
- Epic Edge – This next-generation casino ticket printer offers operators a new print resolution (300 dpi) that delivers a 50% improvement over current printers and razor sharp barcodes, allowing it to improve bill validator acceptance and reduce attendant calls. It also includes an adjustable ticket bucket that accommodates standard tickets and smaller, paper-saving tickets. Additional unique features include a single rugged outer chassis with color coded rails and Serial, USB and Netplex ports, hot swap capability to eliminate game downtime, two high-speed interfaces (USB and Micro SD) for simple updates, and a faster ServerPort™ connection.
- Epic Edge TT™ and Epic 950 TT™ – These unique, purpose-built printers take the power of the advanced Epic Edge and proven Epic 950 outside the slot machine and on to table games, players’ club desks and cash desks. They package a printer, internally mounted power supply and ServerPort in a tidy, compact design that is easy to deploy. In addition, thanks to their dual port capability, the Epic Edge TT and Epic 950 TT allow operators to expand the bonusing environment created by their Epicentral deployments to non-gaming device applications.
Epic Roll-Fed Printers: A One-Stop Shop
By offering a complete lineup of Epic roll-fed printers for the gaming and lottery operators worldwide, TransAct is a true one-stop shop. For more than 20 years, the Company’s Epic roll-fed printers have delivered industry-leading dependability and capabilities. TransAct’s stand at ICE 2018 will feature a full array of roll-fed printers for the variety of gaming devices in use around the world (amusement with prize, skill with prize and video lottery terminals) as well as for customer self-service kiosks and lottery locations.
Gaming and lottery roll-fed solutions on display will include:
- Epic 880® – This compact printer for all types of gaming machines (including amusement with prizes, skill with prizes and video lottery terminals) features a modular design that is configurable to nearly any space, a variable length ticket presenter and ticket retract capability. It also offers auto paper loading and can accommodate 4-inch or 6-inch paper rolls.
- Epic 430® – An easy-to-configure modular design makes the Epic 430 ideal for customer self-service kiosks. This printer features variable length tickets with graphics and coupons capabilities, quick paper roll changes, a fast print speed and an array of standard paper sensors.
- Epic 3000® – The Epic 3000 has been delivering fast, proven performance for the lottery industry for more than 20 years across thousands of locations. It offers a number of industry-unique features, including an anti-jam front paper exit for reliable operation, the ability to print and stack up to 100 tickets without shuffling, a large 7.5-inch diameter paper roll, and the only full tool steel rotary cutter.
For more information about Epicentral the Company’s complete lineup of Epic gaming and lottery printers, please visit http://www.transact-tech.com.
About TransAct Technologies Incorporated
TransAct Technologies Incorporated is a global leader in developing software-driven technology and printing solutions for high-growth markets including restaurant solutions, POS automation, casino and gaming, lottery, mobile and oil and gas. The Company’s solutions are designed from the ground up based on customer requirements and are sold under the AccuDate™, EPICENTRAL®, Epic®, Ithaca®, RESPONDER and Printrex® brands. TransAct has over 3.0 million printers and terminals installed around the world and is committed to providing world-class service, spare parts and accessories to support its installed product base. Through the TransAct Services Group, the Company also provides customers with a complete range of supplies and consumable items both online at http://www.transactsupplies.com and through its direct sales team. TransAct is headquartered in Hamden, CT. For more information, please visit http://www.transact-tech.com or call (203) 859-6800.
Epicentral and Epic are registered trademarks of TRANSACT Technologies Incorporated. ©2018 TRANSACT Technologies Incorporated. All rights reserved.
Certain statements in this press release include forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements generally can be identified by the use of forward-looking terminology, such as "may", "will", "expect", "intend", "estimate", "anticipate", "believe" or "continue" or the negative thereof or other similar words. All forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties, including, but not limited to, customer acceptance and market share gains, both domestically and internationally, in the face of substantial competition from competitors that have broader lines of products and greater financial resources; our competitors introducing new products into the marketplace; our ability to successfully develop new products; our dependence on significant customers; our dependence on significant vendors; dependence on contract manufacturers for the assembly of a large portion of our products in Asia; our ability to protect intellectual property; our ability to recruit and retain quality employees as the Company grows; our dependence on third parties for sales outside the United States, including Australia, New Zealand, Europe, Latin America and Asia; the economic and political conditions in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, Europe, Latin America and Asia; marketplace acceptance of new products; risks associated with foreign operations; the availability of third-party components at reasonable prices; price wars or other significant pricing pressures affecting the Company's products in the United States or abroad; risks associated with potential future acquisitions; our new line of food safety and oil and gas products driving increased adoption by customers; and other risk factors detailed from time to time in TransAct's reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Actual results may differ materially from those discussed in, or implied by, the forward-looking statements. The forward-looking statements speak only as of the date of this release and the Company assumes no duty to update them to reflect new, changing or unanticipated events or circumstances.