LAS VEGAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Petnet, the leader in personalized pet feeding, today launched SmartShop Beta, a digital marketplace that uses artificial intelligence (AI) to guide pet owners to the appropriate foods for their pet’s breed and specific needs, and announced the second generation of its flagship product, the Petnet SmartFeeder. The new offerings help pet owners find and dispense the best possible type and amount of food for their dog or cat, helping pets live long and healthy lives.
The first and only marketplace of its kind, SmartShop Beta features detailed ingredient and macronutrient information as well as proprietary Petnet FoodScores on virtually every dog and cat food available. Users enter their pet’s age, weight, activity level, allergies, breed and more on the SmartShop Beta webpage; the shop then automatically curates a selection of pet foods tailored to that pet’s specific, endemic needs. With SmartShop Beta, pet owners can compare recommended foods within their price range, easily purchase food within the Shop and have it delivered right to their doorstep via Petnet’s SmartDelivery service.
Carlos Herrera, Petnet’s CEO and co-founder said, “One of the most common questions among pet owners is ‘What should I feed my cat or dog?’ Answering this question can be difficult: when shopping for pet food, most people either fall victim to clever marketing printed on food bags or ask a friend or family member for a recommendation. SmartShop Beta removes the guesswork from the daily task of feeding by using science and cognitive AI techniques to match your pet to the right food. With SmartShop’s objective approach, it’s easy for pet owners to make better feeding choices for their dogs and cats.”
Once pet owners answer the question of what to feed their pet, the next question is “How much food should I be feeding them?” Giving pets proper portions is crucial. An estimated 54 percent of dogs and 59 percent of cats in the U.S. are overweight or obese, meaning they are predisposed to a number of serious health issues. Overfeeding by just one-eighth of a cup each day can lead to a pet gaining five pounds in a year. Luckily, Petnet’s new SmartFeeder 2.0 and the free Petnet iOS/Android app eliminate guesswork by determining and regularly dispensing ideal portions.
Since launching the original SmartFeeder in 2015, Petnet’s connected, automated pet feeder has become incredibly popular among dog and cat owners. After listening closely to customer feedback over the past few years, Petnet incorporated some of the most sought-after features into the SmartFeeder 2.0 in order to better serve pet parents’ needs. SmartFeeder 2.0 will be available in early 2018. Features include:
- Sleeker Design - A more compact and softer aesthetic that allows the SmartFeeder to blend into any home.
- Voice Service Integrations - Compatibility with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant means users can dispense feedings by using their voice and get audible updates about the latest feeding and current food supply.
- Nest Cam Integration - Petnet works with Nest Cam to send users a snapshot of their pet eating. Nest Cam also works with Amazon Alexa, meaning users can ask Echo Show to display the Nest Cam video of the SmartFeeder by simply asking Alexa to do so.
- Improved Food Compatibility - Compatibility with more foods, including pyramid and flat shaped kibbles.
- Improved Pet Proofing - Improved pet-proofed lid and dispensing features make it nearly impossible for pets to break into the stored food.
- Improved Portion Control - More sensors allow for greater accuracy with portion control and feeding notifications.
- Machine Washable - Machine washable hopper and dispensing mechanism. Every part of the SmartFeeder that touches pet food is washable.
Assets are available at this link.
Petnet users can also sign up for SmartDelivery, a service that brings pet food straight to their doorstep so they never have to think about buying (or running out of) pet food again. SmartFeeder and SmartBowl users new to SmartDelivery can get their first three bags of pet food free.
Petnet will have the new SmartFeeder 2nd generation on display at Pepcom Digital Experience at CES on January 8, 2018 and at the Petnet 2.0 launch party at The Venetian on Tuesday, January 9, 2018 from 7:00-10:30 p.m.
The leader in personalized pet feeding, Petnet provides dog and cat owners with the tools and information they need to make healthier feeding choices for their pet. Petnet’s SmartFeeder and SmartBowl work with Petnet’s app to recommend proper portions based on a dog or cat’s specific age, weight, breed, activity level, and the recipe they eat. Now, with the new SmartShop Beta and SmartDelivery, pet owners can view recommendations on the best pet food for their individual animal and have that food delivered straight to their door. To learn more about the importance of personalized pet feeding, visit www.petnet.io.