LAS VEGAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--People will be talking about First Alert. The company known for safety and reliability will showcase new product categories and thoughtful integrations that help people connect to what matters most at the 2018 Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, Jan. 9-12.
Unveiling its latest Onelink by First Alert innovations, the home safety expert will demonstrate new technology and products that help make lives easier and safer while home and away. Product experts will be on hand throughout the show to explain the unique product specifications in a newly designed interactive booth space conceived to provide an immersive and engaging experience to visitors.
“First Alert continues to be at the forefront of emerging technology since inventing the first residential smoke alarm 60 years ago,” said Tom Russo, vice president of marketing and product development at First Alert, the most trusted brand in home safety*. “The newest additions to our award-winning Onelink portfolio celebrate our heritage of home safety and deliver convenience and sought-after features in surprising ways.”
First Alert Enters New Categories, Expands Portfolio to Include Lifestyle and Entertainment
Echoing the brand promise of being “always connected, always protected,” Onelink introductions at CES make achieving a connected home easier and incorporate features for everyday convenience, all accessible via simple voice commands or the Onelink Home app. New product offerings include:
Onelink Safe & Sound – Meet your family’s new best friend.
This 3-in-1 device delivers added convenience and enjoyment to every
household. The Onelink Safe & Sound is the first announced smoke and
carbon monoxide (CO) alarm with a superior home speaker and ability to
process voice commands. The device features exclusive voice and
location technology to alert users to the type of danger and its
location. The wireless interconnection feature automatically activates
other Onelink alarms in the home when an emergency is detected. In
addition, the Onelink Safe & Sound has a host of features that put it
in a category of its own:
- Onelink Safe & Sound with Amazon Alexa – Need Something? Just ask Alexa – built directly into the new Onelink Safe & Sound. Users can simply ask Alexa to play music, hear the news, check the weather and control other smart home devices with the Onelink Safe & Sound.
- Onelink Safe & Sound with the Google Assistant – Simply say “Hey Google,” to trigger the Google Assistant that’s built directly into the new Onelink Safe & Sound. Users can have their own personal Google right on their ceiling and ask it questions or tell it to do something. From controlling devices in the home to providing information about your day, the Google Assistant simplifies life and can help accomplish tasks, play music and more – all via the Onelink Safe & Sound smoke and CO alarm.
- Onelink Safe & Sound with Apple HomeKit – Using the Apple Home app or Siri, simply and securely control Onelink Safe & Sound as well as other HomeKit accessories right from an iPhone, iPad or Apple Watch. Set up scenes, access the Onelink Safe & Sound remotely, or have things happen automatically. The Onelink Safe & Sound will also support Apple AirPlay 2 upon availability. AirPlay 2 enables multi-room audio and Siri control for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch users, all through the Apple Home app.
- Onelink Connect – In keeping with its reputation for safety and reliability, First Alert enters a new category with its Wi-Fi mesh tri-band solution, which delivers faster, stronger, more reliable internet throughout the home. The Onelink Connect system includes three nodes which can be placed throughout the home. The nodes are in constant communication with one another via a dedicated backhaul, preventing congestion and directing maximum internet speeds to the locations where it’s needed most. The resulting network blankets the home with consistent Wi-Fi coverage, enabling users and devices to get online – and stay online – faster and easier.
- Onelink Smoke & Carbon Monoxide (CO) Alarm – Experience the convenience and peace of mind of smart alerts on your phone, wireless interconnection with other compatible Onelink alarms and a customizable nightlight, all with the Onelink Smoke & Carbon Monoxide Alarm. The sleekly designed alarm works with Apple HomeKit and works with Alexa and the Google Assistant actions, so users can choose their preferred platform to integrate the alarm in their connected home. Both hard-wired with battery back-up and battery-operated versions will be available, with easy adapter plugs to make installation a breeze.
“We continue to enhance the Onelink portfolio to provide consumers added connectivity and convenience with their devices,” Russo said. “As the leader in the home safety industry, First Alert is proud to ensure users can be connected and protected with Onelink.”
Experience the latest from the Onelink portfolio on display at the First Alert booth (Sands Expo #40737) at CES 2018.
*First Alert Brand Trust Survey, February 2017 – Results are based on the responses of 1,004 adults, ages 18 and older, living in the United States who completed a telephone survey, February 16-19, 2017. Results are accurate to +/- 3 percentage points with a 95 percent confidence level and can be generalized to the entire adult population in the United States within those statistical parameters. For more information or a copy of the complete survey and results, contact Tim Young at LCWA: 312/565-4628 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
About BRK Brands, Inc.
BRK Brands, Inc. (Aurora, IL), is a fully owned subsidiary of Newell Brands. For 60 years, BRK Brands, Inc. has been the manufacturer of First Alert®-branded home-safety products, the most trusted and recognized safety brand in America. BRK® Brands designs and develops innovative safety solutions including Tundra™ Fire Extinguishing Spray, Onelink by First Alert smart home products, a comprehensive line of smoke alarms, carbon monoxide alarms, fire extinguishers and escape ladders to protect what matters most. Such products are also marketed under the BRK Electronics® brand, The Professional Standard for the builder and contractor audiences. BRK Brands, Inc. products are found in more than 30 countries worldwide. For more information, visit http://www.firstalert.com, http://www.brkelectronics.com or http://www.newellbrands.com.
About Newell Brands
Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate®, Sharpie®, Dymo®, EXPO®, Parker®, Elmer’s®, Coleman®, Jostens®, Marmot®, Rawlings®, Oster®, Sunbeam®, FoodSaver®, Mr. Coffee®, Rubbermaid Commercial Products®, Graco®, Baby Jogger®, NUK®, Calphalon®, Rubbermaid®, Contigo®, First Alert®, Waddington and Yankee Candle®. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play.
This press release and additional information about Newell Brands are available on the company’s website, http://www.newellbrands.com.
©2018 BRK Brands, Inc., Aurora, IL 60504. All rights reserved.
BRK Electronics®, First Alert® and Onelink® are registered trademarks of BRK Brands, Inc., Aurora, IL 60504.
NYSE is a registered service mark of NYSE Group, Inc.