DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "The Global M2M/IoT Terminal Market - 2nd Edition" report has been added to Research and Markets' offering.
According to a major survey conducted among all the M2M terminal vendors, it has been found that the global cellular M2M terminal market performed well in 2016, showing growth in all major world regions and vertical markets. Shipments of cellular M2M terminals are estimated to grow from 4.9 million units in 2016 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 18.8 percent to reach 13.7 million units in 2022. The report also includes vendor market shares and market forecasts for the M2M module market.
In terms of revenues, the Americas is a considerably larger market than Asia Pacific and Europe with an estimated US$ 350 million in revenues compared to US$ 260 million and US$ 245 million respectively. Average terminal prices in North America have increased as a result of a high share of 4G LTE routers and gateways in the product mix.
The M2M terminal vendor landscape is more fragmented than the M2M module market. Two M2M terminal vendors have a global market share of more than 10 percent each. China-based SIMCom is ranked as the market leader with US$ 181 million in revenues from sales of approximately 1.7 million terminals.
US based Cradlepoint is the second largest provider with an estimated US$ 115 million in revenues from terminal sales. Top players further include Sierra Wireless and Digi International which generated US$ 72 million and US$ 47 million respectively from their terminal businesses. These four vendors held a combined market share of close to 50 percent in 2016.
The Global M2M/IoT Terminal Market is the second consecutive strategy report analysing the latest developments on the cellular router, gateway and modem market. This strategic research report provides you with more than 110 pages of unique business intelligence including 5 years industry forecasts and expert commentary on which to base your business decisions.
Highlights from this report:
- Insights from 30 executive interviews with market-leading companies.
- Summary of the M2M/IoT hardware value chain.
- In-depth analysis of market trends and key developments.
- Updated profiles of 26 cellular terminal vendors and 9 module vendors.
- Overview of certifications required for cellular devices.
- Price comparisons between terminal vendors.
- Market forecasts lasting until 2022.
This report answers the following questions:
- Which are the leading providers of cellular M2M terminals?
- Which are the drivers and barriers on the M2M terminal market?
- How does the M2M terminal market differ between regions?
- Which M2M/IoT applications are suitable for the M2M terminal form factor?
- How will LTE Cat-M1 and NB-IoT affect the M2M terminal market?
- Which cellular M2M module vendors are also active on this market?
- How will the cellular M2M terminal market evolve over the next five years?
Who should buy this report?
The Global M2M/IoT Terminal Market is the foremost source of information about the cellular router, gateway and modem market worldwide. Whether you are a chipset or module vendor, terminal vendor, utility, vehicle manufacturer, telecom operator, investor, consultant, or government agency, you will gain valuable insights from our in-depth research.
- ADLINK Technology
- Advantech B+B SmartWorx
- Beijer Electronics Group
- Dr. Neuhaus
- Encore Networks
- Gemalto M2M
- HMS Networks
- INSYS Microelectronics
- InHand Networks
- MC Technologies
- Maestro Wireless Solutions
- Matrix Electrnica
- MultiTech Systems
- Red Lion Controls
- Robustel Technologies
- Sierra Wireless
- Systech Corporation
- Xiamen Four-Faith Communication Technology
- ZTE WeLink
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/6h7p84/the_global?w=4
About Research and Markets
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.