BENTONVILLE, Ark.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--With just weeks left until Christmas and 84 percent of Americans still holiday shopping*, Walmart is amping up in-store Pickup and offering the hottest gifts at incredible prices to help customers end the season on a high note. Whether just starting to shop or checking off the final items on the “nice list," customers can trust Walmart will have everything they need to rock this holiday, including:
- Top gifts at great prices, whether customers shop today, on Green Monday or the final days leading up to Christmas.
- More convenience than ever before, with the largest assortment available for same-day Pickup – the fastest way to get an online order. You’re welcome, procrastinators.
- A helpful tool for the forgetful, new unloaded gift cards will be included in select Walmart.com ship-to-home and Pickup order boxes.
- In-store demos of the season’s most popular gifts will conclude at the third holiday party, “Gifts that Rock,” on Dec. 16.
“We started the season by promising more – more assortment, more savings, more convenience and more fun,” said Steve Bratspies, chief merchandising officer, Walmart U.S. “We know the vast majority of our customers are still shopping and there is no more important time to deliver on our promise than the final days before Christmas.”
Top Gifts at Great Prices
There’s still plenty of time for customers to shop for this year’s top gifts. Walmart has the hottest items online and in stores at prices worthy of a standing ovation, including:
- On-trend tech like the Samsung 58” Class Ultra HD TV for $548, Google Home Mini for $29 ($20 savings) – customers also receive up to $25 off a Walmart order when they link their Walmart account to Google Express**, and Beats Studio3 Wireless Headphones for $349.
- Popular video games and accessories like the PS4 1TB Call of Duty: WWII Limited Edition Bundle for $299, Nintendo Switch Console with Joy-Con Controllers for $299, and the Xbox One X Console for $499.
- Toys including the Barbie DreamHorse and Barbie Doll for $75 (Pickup only if ordered online), online-only Sky Rider Night Hawk Hexacopter Drone with Wi-Fi Camera for $49.97, and the Walmart-exclusive Disney Frozen 12-Volt Ride-On Sleigh for $198 (Pickup only if ordered online).
- Everyday Gifts for the Home like the Keurig K-Compact Single Serve Coffee Maker for $49.96, the KitchenAid Classic Series 4.5 Quart Tilt-Head Stand mixer for $199, and the popular Instant Pot line, including the Instant Pot Gem 6-Quart 8-in-1 Programmable Multicooker for $79.
- Apparel for the whole family including Faded Glory Women’s Hooded Puffer Jacket for $12.96, pajamas like Secret Treasures giftable sleep sets (stores only) for $14.84, girls’ and boys' character four-piece sets (two t-shirts, hoodie and pants) for $19.97 and the No. 1 men’s shoe in December: Levi's Venetian Moccasin Slipper for $9.98.
More Convenience than Ever Before
Ninety percent of Americans live within 10 miles of a Walmart store, making Pickup a fast and convenient option for customers who order online and pick up in store. In fact, Walmart sees demand for Pickup Today orders double during the last two weeks of the season when stores turn into Pickup points for millions of online orders. And this year, the retailer is offering more items available for same-day pickup than ever before. Customers will have the ability to shop qualifying items, notated with “Free Pickup Today,” online until 4 p.m. local time on Dec. 23 and then will be able to pick up those items in store on Dec. 24 by 6 p.m. local time.
As part of its everyday promise, Walmart.com also continues to offer free, two-day shipping — no membership required.
“This year, we’ve tripled the amount of items available on Walmart.com, offering customers a broader assortment for their holiday shopping,” said Scott Hilton, chief revenue officer, Walmart U.S. eCommerce. “We continue to focus on providing them with great deals on must-have items, whether they want to ship those items to their home in two days, or pick them up in a local store that same day.”
A Helpful Tool for the Forgetful
Forgot a gift, or invited to a last-minute holiday party? No problem. New this year is Walmart’s unloaded gift card program, the hottest ticket of the season. Customers should keep an eye out for unloaded gift cards placed in select Walmart.com and Pickup boxes, then head online to load them with amounts starting at $5 before gifting to friends and family. The cards will appear in Walmart.com packages for orders placed up until Dec. 17, and through Dec. 24 for Pickup orders.
The Final Curtain Call
From 1-4 p.m. local time on Dec. 16, Walmart stores will host “Gifts that Rock” parties across the country. Just nine days before Christmas, last-minute shoppers will have the chance to demo the season’s most popular gifts, from video games and top toys to kitchen appliances and cookware.
And for customers who truly plan to shop until the last minute, Walmart stores close at 6 p.m. local time on Dec. 24.
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT) helps people around the world save money and live better - anytime and anywhere - in retail stores, online, and through their mobile devices. The company’s legal name will become Walmart Inc., effective on Feb. 1, 2018, to reflect its growing status as an omni-channel retailer. Each week, over 260 million customers and members visit our more than 11,600 stores under nearly 60 banners in 28 countries and eCommerce websites. With fiscal year 2017 revenue of $485.9 billion, Walmart employs approximately 2.3 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. Additional information about Walmart can be found by visiting http://corporate.walmart.com, on Facebook at http://facebook.com/walmart and on Twitter at http://twitter.com/walmart.
* According to internal Walmart data as of Dec. 4, 2017
**Available in contiguous United States. Device must be activated before Jan. 15, 2018, to qualify. Coupon expires Jan. 31, 2018. Coupon will be automatically issued after linking account to Walmart.com. Valid only for Walmart orders on Google Express. Only two coupons total per household. Unused coupon amount doesn’t carry over.