LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Please replace the release with the following corrected version due to multiple revisions.
The corrected release reads:
UBTECH ANNOUNCES AVAILABILITY OF LYNX WITH AMAZON ALEXA
Lynx With Amazon Alexa is the First Humanoid Robot to Feature Amazon’s Cloud-Based Voice Service
UBTECH Robotics, a global leader in intelligent humanoid robots, today announced the availability of Lynx with Amazon Alexa, the first humanoid robot to feature Alexa, Amazon’s cloud-based voice service. Lynx with Amazon Alexa combines UBTECH’s award-winning proprietary robotics with cutting-edge Alexa technology. Featuring voice, facial and presence recognition, and key features including Surveillance Mode and Avatar Mode, Lynx with Amazon Alexa offers unprecedented intelligence and robotics for a truly humanlike experience.
Key features of Lynx with Amazon Alexa include:
- Facial, Presence and Voice Interaction – With voice command, Lynx will dance, sing, take photos, be an exercise coach, provide yoga instructions, among other interactions. Lynx can also be programmed to relay greetings or play music when engaged.
- Surveillance Mode – With a built-in advanced PIR sensor, Lynx can detect movement and sound within the room and send its owner thirty-second video clips via the opted-in or scheduled app function.
- Avatar Mode – Via the app, access Lynx’s video and motion on the go to check on home, pets, and join family events from afar.
- Music Mode – Play Amazon Music, iHeartRadio, TuneIn, and more with simple voice commands.
- Task Management – From calendar reminders & emails, to scheduling appointments and dinner reservations.
- Day Planning – Lynx will organize reminders for the day and set them up as shared calendar events.
- Shop Away – Use Lynx to search for and purchase the best deals with just your voice.
Lynx with Amazon Alexa retails for $799.99 and is available exclusively through Amazon.
The arrival of Lynx with Amazon Alexa marks the first collaboration between UBTECH and Amazon and reinforces UBTECH’s position as a leader in the commercialized robot industry. The company’s award-winning intelligent humanoid robots including the Alpha Series robots, STEM-friendly Jimu Robot range, Cruzr, an intuitive, cloud-based service robot, and the new Star Wars First Order Stormtrooper Robot, educate, entertain, assist, and serve the public. With a U.S. valuation of $5B, UBTECH has set ambitious goals for the future.
For more information on UBTECH and its complete line of robots, please visit ubtrobot.com.
About UBTECH Robotics: UBTECH Robotics is a global leader in intelligent humanoid robots. The company’s interactive robots serve the public, accelerate STEM education for children and assist & entertain in the home. Integrating UBTECH robots into our daily lives enhances how we live, work, learn, and play. To be part of the UBTECH robot generation, visit www.ubtrobot.com and follow UBTECH Robotics on on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.