DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Multi-access Edge Computing (MEC): Market Outlook and Forecasts 2017 - 2022" report has been added to Research and Markets' offering.
This research evaluates MEC technology, architecture and building blocks, ecosystem, market drivers, applications, solutions, and deployment challenges. The report also analyzes MEC industry initiatives, leading companies, and solutions. The report includes a market assessment and forecast for MEC users and MEC revenue globally, regionally, and within the enterprise market for years 2017 to 2022. Forecasts include MEC infrastructure (equipment, platforms, software, APIs, and services).
MEC is poised to transform ICT to create a new communications-computation paradigm in which planning, engineering, deployment, and operation of telecommunications and computing will occur simultaneously. The implications will be to blur the lines between Communications Service Providers (CSP) and data/computing companies (datacenter, data services, and/or cloud services).
MEC will enable many new and enhanced applications and services including improvements in Augmented Reality, Location-based Services, Enterprise-specific Context Aware Services, Real-time Data as a Service (DaaS), and more. There will also be advancements in Vehicle to Vehicle communications as well as Mobile Commerce, Healthcare, Social Networking and other services. MEC will also drive many advances in infrastructure such as mini datacenters, remote cloud servers, and more. It will also facilitate cloud-based service delivery models including real-time data analytics on-demand and various DaaS offerings.
- There is no one single killer app for MEC but rather many very good ones
- MEC and 5G hasten the bearer services commoditization end-game for CSPs
- The sweet spot for MEC server planning is 8 to 10 base stations per aggregation point
- Simultaneous planning for coms/computing driving need for network integration players
- MEC may drive a few unexpected M&A events such as CSPs merging with the likes of Dell EMC
- MEC is poised to make CDNs up to 40% more efficient for CSPs and improve margins by up to 25%
- MEC forecasts 2017 - 2022
- Understand MEC technology
- Understand the MEC ecosystem
- Identify MEC market opportunities
- Learn how MEC will impact industry verticals
- Identify significant MEC players and offerings
- Recognize the potential for MEC in enterprise
- Real-time Data Analytics forecasts 2017 - 2022
Key Topics Covered:
1 Executive Summary
3 MEC Technology, Platforms, and Architecture
4 MEC Market Drivers and Opportunities
5 MEC Ecosystem
6 MEC Application and Service Strategies
7 MEC Market Forecasts 2017 - 2022
8 Conclusions and Recommendations
9 Appendix: Real-time Data Analytics Revenue 2017 - 2022
- ADLINK Technology Inc.
- Advanced Micro Devices
- Akamai Technologies
- Allot Communications
- Brocade Communications Systems
- Cavium Networks
- Ceragon Networks
- Cisco Systems
- Fujitsu Technology Solutions
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd
- IBM Corporation
- Integrated Device Technology
- Intel Corporation
- InterDigital Inc.
- Juniper Networks
- NEC Corporation
- Nokia Corporation
- PeerApp Ltd.
- Redhat, Inc.
- Saguna Networks
- Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd
- Sony Corporation
- SpiderCloud Wireless
- Vasona Networks
- Xilinx, Inc.
- Yaana Ltd.
- ZTE Corporation
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/q9774h/multiaccess_edge