AUSTIN, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Threatcare, the leading provider of cloud-based attack simulation software, today introduced “Violet,” the world’s first Artificial Intelligence-based virtual cybersecurity professional that offers two-way communication for security analysts. Available immediately, Violet is easily accessed through voice, text messages, and Slack to give security teams fast and reliable assistance with finding security gaps in their networks.
Similar to a Siri or Alexa for cybersecurity, Violet has machine learning and Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) capabilities and can answer questions and take commands from security analysts who are looking to find and fix urgent threats in their networks. Violet is the world’s first virtual cybersecurity professional that can actually replace multiple team members, offering continuous reconnaissance to give an attacker’s view of an organization. Violet combines traditional Red Team and Blue Team activities, forming a “Purple Team” — which is where Violet’s name is derived.
“Violet is truly a ground-breaking technology that solves one of the biggest challenges in cybersecurity today: the lack of properly-skilled and trained staff and the dire shortage of security professionals,” said Marcus Carey, Founder and CEO of Threatcare. “Violet supports and augments current security staff by actually becoming an extra member of the team. This technology also enhances IT staff whose roles are expanding into security. Looking ahead, Violet will be particularly beneficial to SMBs who have lighter security staff and less budget to spend on enterprise-class security tools.”
The key benefits of Violet include:
- Attack Simulations: Violet can run attack simulations and bring up security events to see if existing security controls have caught or detected any threats. Violet doesn’t just enable benign intrusion simulations and security stack testing, it can actually partake in external attack surface assessments and discover rogue internet facing assets.
- Penetration Testing & Gap Analysis: Violet helps organizations with their penetration testing and gap analysis — enabling them to no longer just guess that they’re protected.
- Continuous Network Reconnaissance & Security Assessments: Violet performs continuous security assessments on the network and notifies security analysts via text message or email alerts when it’s done and if it has identified any security problems that need urgent addressing.
- Numerous Security Features: Violet’s other capabilities include data exfiltration, malware beaconing, DNS tunneling, antivirus assessment, lateral scans, egress scans, executable transfers, perimeter scans, DNS enumeration (DNS brute forcing), open source intelligence (OSINT), regression testing, tabletop exercises, gap analysis, and all-encompassing defense in depth.
- Shortened Proof of Concept and Sales Cycles: Vendors can use Violet to upsell their products, taking Proof of Concepts (POCs) from weeks to hours, while gaining the ability to prove their software actually works — in real time.
“Existing security operations teams are overwhelmed and have few, if any, resources to test and confirm if the cybersecurity tools they’ve invested in are actually working properly,” said Adrian Sanabria, co-founder and Director of Research at Savage Security. “Even if Violet makes only a modest impact in helping these operations teams, the overall impact will be tremendous. If Violet has a larger impact, we could finally see a decrease in the steady stream of breaches that have plagued industries since the early 2000s.”
Launched in 2014, Threatcare allows organizations to better defend against cybersecurity threats by improving vulnerability management and defense capabilities. Violet allows security teams, incident responders, and network forensic practitioners to reduce their attack surface by continuously monitoring their cybersecurity posture and ensuring they’ve selected the right tools to protect their networks. By simulating attacks from a web browser, while simultaneously serving up results in the same interface, Threatcare helps security teams verify that defense in depth solutions from cybersecurity vendors are effective and if they will integrate well with existing solutions.
For more information about Violet, please visit: https://www.threatcare.com/violet
To view a video demonstration of Violet in action, please visit: https://youtu.be/hQoGhyHy_Dg
Headquartered in Austin, Texas and founded in 2014, Threatcare is a cloud-based cybersecurity software company that allows organizations to easily verify their cybersecurity readiness through intrusion simulations and analytics. Threatcare’s mission is to eliminate fear, uncertainty, and doubt in organizations through transparent, proactive cyber defense. Threatcare focuses on delivering cybersecurity solutions that are simple to implement from the cloud, yet powerful in providing actionable and timely intelligence to enhance and strengthen an organization’s ability to defend and protect its critical digital assets. For more information, please visit: www.threatcare.com.