NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Griffon Corporation (“Griffon” or the “Company”) (NYSE:GFF) announced today that Alan H. Koblin, President of Griffon’s subsidiary Clopay Plastic Products Company, Inc. (“Clopay Plastics”), will retire on September 30, 2017. Ronald “Ron” E. Zinco, currently Chief Operating Officer of Clopay Plastics, will succeed Mr. Koblin.
Mr. Koblin, 65, a plastics and packaging industry veteran, joined Clopay Plastics in 2012, and has served as President for the past five years. During his tenure at Clopay Plastics, Mr. Koblin focused on driving operational excellence with an emphasis on innovation, quality, safety, and improving regional manufacturing efficiencies. Following his retirement, Mr. Koblin will remain with the company in a consulting capacity.
Ronald J. Kramer, Griffon’s Chief Executive Officer, said, “Alan Koblin has significantly strengthened the Clopay Plastics business over the past five years. Under his leadership, Clopay Plastics has continued to build on its trusted international brand as a leader in plastic films. As part of the company’s succession planning, Alan has built a strong leadership team that will continue to execute on the company’s strategies.”
Effective with Mr. Koblin’s retirement, Ron Zinco, 57, has been appointed President of Clopay Plastics. Mr. Zinco has been Chief Operating Officer since 2016 and has been with Clopay Plastics for 30 years having held leadership roles in sales and marketing, quality, operations and regional management.
Mr. Kramer commented, “Ron Zinco is the ideal candidate to assume the role of President of Clopay Plastics with his extensive knowledge of the industry and our customer relationships. We wish Alan well in his retirement, and look forward to Clopay’s continued success under Ron’s leadership.”
About Griffon Corporation
Griffon Corporation is a diversified management and holding company conducting business through wholly-owned subsidiaries. Griffon oversees the operations of its subsidiaries, allocates resources among them and manages their capital structures. Griffon provides direction and assistance to its subsidiaries in connection with acquisition and growth opportunities as well as in connection with divestitures. In order to further diversify, Griffon also seeks out, evaluates and, when appropriate, will acquire additional businesses that offer potentially attractive returns on capital.
Griffon currently conducts its operations through three business segments:
- Home & Building Products consists of two companies, The AMES Companies, Inc. (“AMES”) and Clopay Building Products Company, Inc. (“CBP”):
- AMES, founded in 1774, is the leading U.S. manufacturer and a global provider of long-handled tools and landscaping products for homeowners and professionals.
- CBP, since 1964, is a leading manufacturer and marketer of residential and commercial garage doors and sells to professional dealers and some of the largest home center retail chains in North America.
- Telephonics Corporation, founded in 1933, is recognized globally as a leading provider of highly sophisticated intelligence, surveillance and communications solutions for defense, aerospace and commercial customers.
- Clopay Plastics, incorporated in 1934, is a global leader in the development and production of embossed, laminated and printed specialty plastic films for hygienic, health-care and industrial products and sells to some of the world’s largest consumer products companies.
For more information on Griffon and its operating subsidiaries, please see the Company’s website at www.griffon.com.