MCLEAN, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Quantitative Software Management, Inc. (QSM), a leader in software development estimation and enterprise portfolio and demand management analytics, today announced the availability of SLIM-Suite 10.0, the latest version of QSM’s flagship software estimation program that allows enterprises to estimate cost, time, and effort requirements for software and systems projects to better predict outcomes.
With new quadrant chart visualization features, the updated version of the SLIM-Suite allows users to gain visibility into multiple projects at once and, as a result, easily identify high-risk projects, improve demand management, and address project feasibility issues early in the process. Additionally, users can now map staff capacity to portfolio demand to ensure that development resources are utilized across projects and available when needed.
In addition to the new visual capabilities, highlights of SLIM-Suite 10.0 include:
- Updated 2017 industry trends: Estimates now leverage the latest project data from 2017 to provide better metrics for more accurate portfolio planning.
- New skills aggregation capabilities: This new feature expands upon the existing functionality to include detailed breakouts of effort, staffing, and cost by skill by month for subsystem tasks beyond Excel to include custom and SLIM-Control tasks in addition to SLIM-Estimate tasks.
- Better database management features: SLIM-Suite 10.0 allows easier detection of duplicate projects and improved data importing capabilities.
“We designed SLIM 10.0 to make it easier for project managers to estimate projects, understand which projects are at risk and share this information within their organizations,” said Doug Putnam, Co-CEO for QSM. “SLIM’s new visualization tools make it possible to see an entire project portfolio at a glance, which we believe will lead to improved project success for our customers.”
SLIM-Estimate utilizes data derived from the QSM Metrics Database, drawing from over 13,000 completed software projects from North and South America, Australia, Europe, Africa, and Asia.
- Download the QSM Software Almanac: 2017 Edition
- Watch the webinar, "Top Down Resource Demand - The Missing Ingredient in Resource Capacity Planning"
- Visit the QSM Blog
- Follow QSM on Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
About Quantitative Software Management, Inc. (QSM)
Founded in 1978 by one of the pioneers of software measurement, Larry Putnam, Sr., QSM offers estimation products and consulting that enable federal and commercial clients to estimate, track and benchmark projects. QSM tools and methods help software and systems analysts negotiate achievable goals, set realistic expectations, and communicate more effectively with management and customers. QSM offers the SLIM (Software Lifecycle Management) Suite of tools, which contains metrics from a worldwide database of more than 13,000 completed projects, enabling productivity benchmarking on the desktop. Using SLIM to dynamically run 'virtual project simulations,' companies can model and forecast project releases to deliver on time, within budget with > 90% estimation accuracy. Visit us at www.qsm.com.