DALLAS & NÜRNBERG, Germany--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Celanese Corporation (NYSE: CE), a global technology and specialty materials company, will present its Mowilith® brand of dispersions at the 2017 European Coatings Show (ECS), April 4-6 in Nürnberg, Germany (Hall A4, Booth 504).
Celanese will showcase to customers its advanced polymer dispersions portfolio and how this year’s theme – Formulating Your Vision with Our Expertise – can be translated into each customer’s product portfolio.
“Celanese offers a broad portfolio of emulsions products such as vinyl acetate ethylene (VAE), pure acrylics, styrene acrylic and vinyl acetate copolymer dispersions,” said Barry Daggs, vice president, Celanese emulsion polymers business. “Our polymers create unique value for our customers and are continuously optimized toward market trends and drivers, both from performance and regulatory requirements.”
For paints and coatings customers, Celanese VAE dispersions enable customers to achieve prime product performance in accordance with the latest trends for environmentally friendly paints and coatings solutions. Mowilith® VAE dispersions provide excellent application performance in combination with regulatory properties which follow the strictest demands of mandatory and non-mandatory regulations (e.g., EcoLabels) in the market. In addition to the impact on indoor air quality, interior paints must also fulfill certain application properties in order to meet the expectations of consumers. Celanese’s Mowilith® products help manufacturers meet these demanding customer requirements.
The Celanese VAE inclusion technology enables the formulation of low-VOC exterior façade paints and plasters by combining hard acrylic polymer domains and VAE polymer into one binder system.
Versatile high-gloss paints, lacquers and varnishes, and exterior paints that are produced with Celanese acrylic dispersions, will provide environmentally friendly coatings with good outdoor durability on a variety of substrates.
For adhesives customers, the Celanese technical team constantly strives to meet technical needs by developing new, efficient adhesives that comply with the latest regulatory requirements. Celanese dispersions for adhesives products are constantly optimized for adhesion capabilities on various substrates, trouble-free production and running time efficiency, while maintaining an optimized coat weight and reduced stoppage for cleanings. As a result, Celanese is offering high-performance dispersions for the adhesives market with low migration potential so they can serve as an excellent choice, even for use in food packaging.
At the European Coatings Show, Celanese will highlight the following Mowilith® products:
Low-Emission Interior Paints
- Mowilith® LDM 1828: a VAE vinyl ester copolymer for interior paints free from preservatives. The dispersion shows good wet scrub resistance and excellent compatibility with silicate binders so that the dispersion is suitable for deep matte silicate interior paints.
- Mowilith® LDM 1852: the first heterogeneous VAE dispersion especially developed for low-emission satin paints. The binder offers optimized gloss and improved blocking for high binder containing paints in the medium PVC range.
Durable Exterior Coatings
- Mowilith® LDM 1865: a VAE dispersion based on Celanese’s inclusion technology designed for exterior coatings. Suggested applications include low-emission masonry paints, weather-protection wood paints and exterior plasters, including External Thermal Insulation Composites System (ETICS).
- Mowilith® LDM 7718: a new pure acrylic emulsion which provides excellent color retention in combination with organic pigments and low blanching under wet conditions in transparent formulations, especially for tinted paints and marble chip plasters.
Gloss Paints and Lacquers
- Mowilith® LDM 7510: a pure acrylic dispersion with optimized balance of anti-blocking and elasticity properties for high-gloss paints and lacquers formulated without coalescent agents. This combination creates a product suitable for low-emission paints and coatings for decorative applications in the professional and do-it-yourself (DIY) segment.
- Mowilith® LDL 2526 W: the latest addition to Celanese’s ready-for-use PVAc D3 portfolio. This latest development in Mowilith® LDL 2526 W also joins the other products in the range in fulfilling current market needs for reduced formaldehyde content.
- Mowilith® LDM 1390: this dispersion offers an outstanding adhesion profile enabling the formulation of adhesives for difficult-to-bond substrates without the need for additional plasticizers or tackifiers. Due to its stabilization system, Mowilith® LDM 1390 is fully compatible with the broader Celanese VAE portfolio.
To see Celanese at the European Coatings Show, April 4-6 in Nürnberg, Germany, visit Hall A4, Booth 504, or visit https://celanese.com/Tradeshows/2017/ECS-2017.aspx for additional information.
Celanese Corporation is a global technology leader in the production of differentiated chemistry solutions and specialty materials used in most major industries and consumer applications. Our two complementary business cores, Acetyl Chain and Materials Solutions, use the full breadth of Celanese's global chemistry, technology and business expertise to create value for our customers and the corporation. As we partner with our customers to solve their most critical business needs, we strive to make a positive impact on our communities and the world through The Celanese Foundation. Based in Dallas, Celanese employs approximately 7,300 employees worldwide and had 2016 net sales of $5.4 billion. For more information about Celanese Corporation and its product offerings, visit www.celanese.com or our blog at www.celaneseblog.com.
All registered trademarks are owned by Celanese International Corporation or its affiliates.
This release may contain “forward-looking statements,” which include information concerning the company’s plans, objectives, goals, strategies, future revenues or performance, capital expenditures, financing needs and other information that is not historical information. When used in this release, the words “outlook,” “forecast,” “estimates,” “expects,” “anticipates,” “projects,” “plans,” “intends,” “believes,” and variations of such words or similar expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements. All forward-looking statements are based upon current expectations and beliefs and various assumptions. There can be no assurance that the company or its customers will realize these benefits or that these expectations will prove correct. There are a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from the forward-looking statements contained in this release. Numerous factors, many of which are beyond the company’s control, could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed as forward-looking statements. Other risk factors include those that are discussed in the company’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Any forward-looking statement speaks only as of the date on which it is made, and the company undertakes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements to reflect events or circumstances after the date on which it is made or to reflect the occurrence of anticipated or unanticipated events or circumstances.