WAYZATA, Minn. & CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--TCF National Bank (TCF Bank), a subsidiary of TCF Financial Corporation (TCF) (NYSE: TCB), today announced it raised nearly $150,000 during National Breast Cancer Awareness Month to benefit Susan G. Komen®. TCF Bank team members and customers donated funds at 146 branches in Illinois and Wisconsin to support Susan G. Komen’s efforts to save lives, ensure quality care and find a cure for breast cancer. Team member and customer donations will remain in the communities served by Susan G. Komen affiliates in Chicago and Peoria, Ill. and in Wisconsin.
“Our team members select organizations to support and this is our fifth year fundraising for Susan G. Komen,” said Lou Campos, director of retail banking at TCF Bank. “Our team members continue to choose Susan G. Komen because many of them have grandmothers, mothers, aunts, sisters and friends who have been affected by breast cancer. We’re thankful that our team members and customers donated $150,000 to support the cause.”
“TCF Bank and its team members and customers have been strong allies of Susan G. Komen and we’re grateful for their support,” said Bonnie Gordon, Executive Director at Susan G. Komen Chicago. “Our mission is to end breast cancer through research, education and access to quality cancer care for all. It’s organizations like TCF Bank that will help us pursue our mission and reach our goal of eradicating breast cancer.”
TCF Bank is committed to building a better community. During the past five years, TCF Bank raised nearly $1.8 million in Illinois and Wisconsin for Susan G. Komen and March of Dimes. TCF Bank also supports high school education by offering free financial education courses in more than 200 high schools in Illinois and Wisconsin to help students make smarter financial decisions.
TCF is a Wayzata, Minnesota-based national bank holding company. As of September 30, 2016, TCF had $21 billion in total assets and 341 branches in Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, Michigan, Minnesota, South Dakota and Wisconsin, providing retail and commercial banking services. TCF, through its subsidiaries, also conducts commercial leasing, equipment finance, and auto finance business in all 50 states and commercial inventory finance business in all 50 states and Canada. For more information about TCF, visit tcfbank.com.
About Susan G. Komen® – Chicagoland
Komen Chicago was established in 1997, when it held its first Race for the Cure®. Komen Chicago has awarded over $16 million locally towards the fight against breast cancer, funding research, navigation, screening, diagnostics, treatment and treatment support services for uninsured and underinsured individuals. Komen Chicago services Cook, DuPage, Kane, Lake and McHenry Counties. 75% percent of net proceeds generated by Komen Chicago stay in the Chicagoland Area, while the remaining 25% supports the Susan G. Komen® Grants Program for research. For more information, visit www.komenchicago.org.