DENVER--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Humanscale Healthcare, the leader in next generation point-of-care solutions that advance caregiver and patient safety, engagement and satisfaction, today announced the launch of MedLink™, an innovative medication delivery solution that streamlines complex nursing workflows and complements bedside medication administration to reduce errors and improve outcomes.
MedLink was expertly designed to reduce human errors and facilitate a closed-loop medication system. As a comprehensive workflow solution, MedLink securely supports and improves an endless variety of workflows, while aiding pharmacy efficiency and compliance. In addition, it helps minimize interruptions and eases the pressure of mentally and manually tracking medication administration information.
“Medical errors now ranks as the third leading cause of death in the U.S., right after heart disease and cancer, so Humanscale Healthcare spent several years researching how to solve some of the complexities of medication administration,” says Heather Fennimore, Global Healthcare President. “Specifically, our team of expert ergonomists and designers sought to design a product that reduced medication administration challenges, yet was comfortable and user-friendly. MedLink’s human-centered design achieves both of these goals.”
MedLink helps caregivers keep track of patients and patients’ medication to ensure secure administration. MedLink, which offers the utmost medication security, designed to provide caregivers and their patients with the ultimate security, offers the following:
- Secure, closed-loop medication control that virtually eliminates medication errors, with auto-closing and patient-assigned drawers that lock/unlock individually via the system’s software for ultimate security;
- Electronic drawer labeling that allows patient labels to be selected from the existing hospital patient list rather than from manual entry;
- Bar code scanning that allows scanning the patient wristband to automatically open the correct drawer — reducing human error;
- Multiple drawer configurations designed to enable customizable drawer layout and sizes to best meet workflow demands;
- Power Track™ steering which gives caregivers the flexibility to effectively navigate tight spaces, corridors and turns with one-hand operation for care on the go; and,
- Auto Fit™ technology that instantly adjusts to each caregiver’s height with a single touch and supports caregivers’ increased reliance on computers in very short intervals.
Fennimore added, “With hospitals treating so many patients at a time, MedLink provides a simple and effective solution to errors in medication administration. Uncompromising performance is at the heart of everything we do, and MedLink supports caregivers in providing the best care possible.”
To learn more about MedLink, visit our website.
About Humanscale Healthcare
Humanscale Healthcare is the leader in next generation point-of-care solutions that advance caregiver and patient safety, engagement and satisfaction. Its technology-enabled solutions combine ergonomics expertise with innovative design to improve the accuracy and efficiency of everyday tasks and elicit a higher standard of care. Humanscale Healthcare is a division of Humanscale, the premier designer and manufacturer of ergonomic products for the commercial workplace. For more information, visit http://www.humanscale.com/healthcare/index.cfm.