NEEDHAM, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Object Management Group® (OMG®), an international, open membership, not-for-profit technology standards consortium, held its quarterly Technical Meeting from September 12-16 at the Loews Chicago O’Hare Hotel in Rosemont, IL, USA. At the meeting, its BOD voted to adopt three new standards:
- The SysML® Extension for Physical Interaction and Signal Flow Simulation specification facilitates integration of systems engineering models with physical interaction and signal flow simulation models widely used in industry.
- The Unified Architecture Framework® (UAF®) specification is the latest revision of the successful Unified Profile for DoDAF and MODAF™ (UPDM™) specification for representing DoDAF, MODAF & NATO Architecture Framework (NAF)-conformant architectures using UML® and SysML.
- The Unified Component Model (UCM) for DRTE Systems is a new specification for defining, implementing and composing loosely-coupled independent components in Distributed, Real-Time and Embedded (DRTE) Systems. UCM builds on the strengths of the original CORBA Component Model™ (CCM), to provide a middleware-agnostic platform that is already being actively used to create demanding component-based aerospace applications.
To view these and other OMG specifications, visit www.omg.org/spec/index.htm.
TECHNOLOGY ADOPTION PROCESSES UNDERWAY
OMG Technical Committees voted to issue the Uncertainty Modeling RFI. The Uncertainty RFI solicits ideas, discussions, comments, recommendations, user needs and experiences about uncertainty modeling in system/software engineering, in particular, complex systems, such as Cyber-Physical Systems that typically operate in complex and unpredictable environments.
Learn more about these and other technology adoption processes underway at www.omg.org/public_schedule.
Ten OMG member representatives were elected to the organization's Board of Directors for three-year terms, to begin in January 2017. They are:
- Mr. Hedley Apperly, PTC (re-elected)
- Dr. Richard Beatch, Bloomberg LP (newly elected)
- Mr. Gary Duncanson, No Magic, Inc. (re-elected)
- Mr. Paul Lipton, CA Technologies (re-elected)
- Dr. Jishnu Mukerji, HPE (re-elected)
- Dr. Toru Shimizu, JASA (newly elected)
- Dr. Jay Schnitzer, MITRE (newly elected replacing Dr. Mark Maybury)
- Dr. Gerardo Pardo-Castellote, Real-Time Innovations (re-elected)
- Dr. Said Tabet, Dell (re-elected)
- Mr. Hugues Vincent, THALES (newly elected replacing Virginie Watine)
During the week, OMG held informational events for the public:
- Business Architecture Insurance Reference Model Workshop
- Cyber Risk Summit
- IIoT Challenges and Opportunities
- Introduction to OMG’s Modeling & Middleware Specifications Tutorial
All presentations can be found on the separate events' agendas here.
NEXT TECHNICAL MEETING
OMG members will meet in Coronado, CA, USA from December 5-9, 2016 at the Loews Coronado Bay Hotel. Learn more here.
The Object Management Group® (OMG®) is an international, open membership, not-for-profit technology standards consortium with representation from government, industry and academia. OMG Task Forces develop enterprise integration standards for a wide range of technologies and an even wider range of industries. OMG's modeling standards enable powerful visual design, execution and maintenance of software and other processes. Visit www.omg.org for more information.
Note to editors: For a listing of all OMG trademarks, visit http://www.omg.org/legal/tm_list.htm. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.