DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Organic Food Market in the United States - Forecast, Opportunities & Trends 2015-2020" report to their offering.
The organic food market in the US has been growing by double-digits every year since the late 1990s. The industry was worth only USD 3.6 billion in 1997 and it grew significantly to a record USD 43.3 billion by the end of 2015. Food produced without the usage of pesticides, synthetic fertilizers, genetically modified organisms or any other chemicals, is known as organic food.
A growing consumer interest on consuming food items not contaminated by pesticides and other chemicals has been behind this boom in the growth of organic food. In fact, sales from the organic food sector make up almost five percent of the total food sales in the United States.
Organic farming is growing around the world and many organic farmers have actually increased their usage of organic seed since the launch of many supportive government incentives and programs around the world. There has been a growing public perception that organic food is a safer and more nutritious choice of food as compared to conventional food.
The report covers the following:
- An industry definition.
- Analysis of the global market for organic food through an industry overview, industry growth analysis and an industry segmentation through industry segments as well as a geographic segmentation.
- Analysis of the US market for organic food through an industry overview, industry growth analysis and an industry segmentation through industry segments as well as a geographic segmentation.
- Analysis of the US organic food industry through a Porter's Five Forces analysis. The analysis looks at buyer power, supplier power, competitive rivalry, threat of new entrants and threat of substitutes.
- Forecast of the US organic food industry up to 2020.
Analysis of the major players in the US organic food industry through
a company overview, business analysis, financial analysis through
figures and tables and a SWOT analysis.
- Major industry players analyzed include Wal-Mart Stores, Costco Wholesale, The Kroger Company, Whole Foods Market, Inc. and many others.
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/5pg57v/organic_food