LAS VEGAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--IR, the leading global provider of proactive performance management software for critical IT infrastructure and communications ecosystems, today announced the integration of IR Prognosis with Cisco APIC-EM – the software controller for Cisco’s Digital Network Architecture (DNA). This integration will improve video conferencing and online meeting experiences by providing holistic monitoring and performance management software that automates the identification, repair and resolution of performance issues while the meeting is taking place.
Using Cisco DNA, IR Prognosis dynamically interacts with the network to ensure that application-level quality and performance requirements can be met by the underlying network infrastructure, and then automatically troubleshoots issues. This will improve the user experience across UC vendor platforms such as Microsoft Skype for Business, Cisco and Avaya. IR will demonstrate this new software defined networking (SDN) self-healing capability at Cisco Live, Cisco’s annual IT and communications conference.
”Many organization’s network infrastructures are not able to keep up with demand for UC which results in poor adoption and low ROI of modern collaboration tools that have the potential to transform productivity,” said Darc Rasmussen, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer, IR. “Prognosis, integrated with Cisco APIC-EM, represents the means to uncover and address underlying infrastructure weaknesses, paving the way for successful UC deployments.”
IR Prognosis and Cisco APIC-EM integration capabilities include:
- Reading call quality: Manages and measures quality and experience from one platform to another during upgrades or migrations between vendor platforms.
- Detecting quality problems: Reduce helpdesk calls and troubleshooting time with automated intelligent alerts that predict problems based on trends and real-time events across the UC environment.
- Using APIC-EM REST API: Provides centralized automation of policy-based application profiles.
- Applying Quality-of-Service (QoS) to fix quality problems: Maintains QoS by managing the delay, delay variation, bandwidth and packet loss parameters on a network.
- Validating the assessment of call quality: Comprehensive outside-in testing helps assess infrastructure, network, PBXs, IVRs and more to identify potential problems before user experience is impacted.
“Going digital is no longer an option – it’s an imperative. As organizations look to digitize their communications efforts, new UC technologies need to have agility in applications and basic infrastructure to allow that to happen successfully,” said Jim Lundy, CEO and Lead Analyst at Aragon Research. “By integrating Prognosis with Cisco APIC-EM, IR has delivered a UC performance management solution that is reliable. Any underlying network performance issues can be resolved through SDN, leading to a better user experience.”
IR is demonstrating the Prognosis & Cisco APIC-EM integration at Cisco Live 2016. Visit us at booth #1910.
IR is the corporate brand name of Integrated Research Limited (ASX:IRI), the leading global provider of proactive performance management software for critical IT infrastructure, payments and communications ecosystems. More than 1000 organizations in over 60 countries—including some of the world’s largest banks, airlines and telecommunication companies rely on IR Prognosis to provide business critical insights and ensure continuity-critical systems deliver high availability and performance for millions of their customers across the globe. For further information on IR, visit www.ir.com.
All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their registered owners.