SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Pottery Barn Kids and PBteen, members of the Williams-Sonoma, Inc. (NYSE:WSM) portfolio of brands, in partnership with Minted, the design marketplace that connects consumers with the world’s best artists, today launched a new product collaboration featuring wall art created by Minted’s community of independent artists designed for nursery, kid and teen rooms.
The winning artwork, available today at Pottery Barn Kids and PBteen is the result of the “Minted x Pottery Barn Kids x PBteen Wall Art Challenge” that launched February 2016. More than 7,300 works of art were submitted by artists around the globe through Minted's unique crowdsourcing platform, resulting in 55 winning pieces to be sold at Pottery Barn Kids and PBteen. The winning works were created by independent artists with a variety of vocations including professional illustrators and textile designers, first-time designers, self-proclaimed doodlers, hobbyists and stay-at-home parents. While diverse in their backgrounds and experience, all the crowdsourced winning artists share a love for creative expression, unique designs and a connection to a community of artists and art lovers. The Minted x Pottery Barn Kids and Minted x PBteen collections support the independent artists who earn a commission on every purchase from the collection.
“We are excited to offer exclusive independent designs and support the artist community through our partnership with Minted,” said Jennifer Kellor, executive vice president merchandising, PBteen and Pottery Barn Kids. “The art curated for Pottery Barn Kids and PBteen aligns with our dedication to producing high quality and well-designed products to create beautiful and thoughtfully decorated rooms.”
"By welcoming art submissions from anyone, anywhere in the world, Minted celebrates independence and the possibility that creativity can come from unexpected places," said Minted Founder and CEO Mariam Naficy. "We’re thrilled to partner with Pottery Barn Kids and PBteen on this art collection, which set a new record with over 7,300 submissions and features global designers that shoppers would traditionally not have access to."
Composed of 30 Pottery Barn Kids and 25 PBteen pieces, the Minted x Pottery Barn Kids and Minted x PBteen collections represent a wide range of styles and decorative wall art décor for nursery, kids, and teen rooms. The Minted x Pottery Barn Kids and Minted x PBteen collection of artwork is offered matted or framed and ready to hang. Additionally customers can choose artwork in variety of sizes and frame colors to match art prints to their home décor.
Winning Minted Art for Sale at PBteen:
- “Conquer” by Addison Welch from Salt Lake City, UT
- “Behind the Lens” by Alicia Youngken from Atlanta, GA
- “Ombre Hills” by Alison Jerry Designs from Dallas, TX
- “Wonderful” by Chasity Smith from Livingston, LA
- “Dream Blue” by Corinne Haig Designs from Laguna Beach, CA
- “Wild and Free” by Dawn Smith from Ellicott City, MD
- “Yourself” by Gwen Bedat from Paris, France
- “Never Stop Exploring” by Hannah Lipking from Jackson, MS
- “Stay Awesome” by Hannah Williams from Sautee Nacoochee, GA
- “Blissful Escape No. 2” by Julia Contacessi from Norwalk, CT
- “Love and Wifi” by Laura Bolter Design from Lenexa, KS
- “Hey Mr. Dog” by Makewells from Fort Lauderdale, FL
- “Butterfly Study” by Megan Kelso from Hanover, NH
- “Imaginative” by Melanie Severin from Lloydminster, Canada
- “Party Favors #2” by Mya Bessette from Bigfork, MT
- “Behold” and “Sundance” by Robin Ott Design from Orrville, OH
- “Bear Body” and “Senor Wolf” by Sarah Fitzgerald from Denver, CO
- “Sour Puss” by Sequana Studio from Woodinville, WA
- “Denim & Pearls” by Sherry McAdams from Elon College, NC
- “Tropical Sea Turtle” by Shirley Browning from St. Louis, MO
- “Watercolor Hello Sunshine” by Sonal Nathwani from Vienna, Austria
- “Free & Wild” by Susan Moyal from Toronto, Canada
- “Afternoon Delight” by Three Star Studios from Half Moon Bay, CA
Winning Minted Art for Sale at Pottery Barn Kids:
- “Midnight” and “So Loved” by Alethea and Ruth from Seattle, WA
- “Solar System” and “Watercolor Butterfly” by Alexandra Dzhiganskaya (Alexandra Dzh) from Vienna, Austria
- “Aqua Sunshine” by Alison Jerry Designs from Dallas, TX
- “Goodnight Moon” by Anne Holmquist from Westchester, NY
- “ABC Love” by Chica Design from Atlanta, GA
- “Eat. Play. Love.” and “ Little Whale” by Erica Krystek from San Diego, CA
- “Yay!” by Amber Purdy (Field and Sky) from Knoxville, TN
- “The Animalphabet” by Genevra Bell from Fairfield, IA
- “Unicorn Dreams” by Hannah Williams from Sautee Nacoochee, GA
- “Car Art” by Jan Dolby from Stouffville, Canada
- “He’s a Future Superhero” and “Stacked Plane” by Jennifer Morehead from Culver City, CA
- “Little Big World Map” by Jessie Steury from Saint Joe, IN
- “Blissful Escape No. 2” by Julia Contacessi from Norwalk, CT
- “Dress up & Dream” by Kara Beth from Colonia, NJ
- “Dapper Zebra” by Kristin Dills from Pineville, NC
- “Mr. Giraffe” by Makewells from Fort Lauderdale, FL
- “Explore Your World” by Mansi from Wayne, NJ
- “II Gardino” by Petra Kern from Ljubljana, Slovenia
- “Frenchie Por Vous” by Carolann Belk (Pink House Press) from Chicago, IL
- “Sweet Floral Fox” by Sara Berrenson from Santa Monica, CA
- “Big and Little 3” by Stacey Brod from Houston, TX
- “Alpaca” by Stacey Hill from Toronto, Canada
- “Let’s Ride” by Stacy Kron from Alexandria, MN
- “Enjoy the Ride” by Susan Moyal from Toronto, Canada
- “Jurassic Circle” by Susanne Kasielke from Washington, DC
- “Autumn, No. 1 (clouds)” by Sylvie Lee (SlvieCeres Designs) from Walnut Creek, CA
The complete Minted x Pottery Barn Kids and Minted x PBteen collections are now available online and select art will be on display at Pottery Barn Kids and PBteen stores nationwide. Prices range from $42 - $530 for framed artwork.
To shop the collection, meet the artists, and get inspiration for everything from how to pick the perfect frame to decorating and creating a gallery wall, visit potterybarnkids.com/minted and pbteen.com/minted. Join the conversation on social media, by following @potterybarnkids, @pbteen, @minted and #mintedxpbk and #mintedxpbteen.
Founded in 2007 and headquartered in San Francisco, California, Minted is a design marketplace that connects you to the world’s best independent artists to create something one-of-a-kind. Minted’s unique crowdsourced model represents a modern marketplace – one where the community decides what goods are showcased and sold. This model ensures fresh, on-trend designs are continuously being added to Minted. Minted enables artists, designers and photographers around the world to create original work, then provides them with an operations platform that handles all fulfillment and customer service. This leaves creatives to do what they do best, while letting Minted do the rest. The company – which began in stationery, has expanded its crowdsourcing model into wall art (2012), textiles (2014), digital content (2015) and most recently home decor (Summer 2015). Minted has raised $90M since launching in 2007 and is funded by Benchmark Capital, IDG Ventures, Menlo Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Technology Crossover Ventures as well as angel investors. www.minted.com.
ABOUT POTTERY BARN KIDS
Pottery Barn Kids, a member of the Williams-Sonoma, Inc. portfolio of brands, is a premier specialty retailer for children’s home furnishings and decorative accessories. Introduced in 1999, Pottery Barn Kids offers exclusive designs that create kid-friendly, stylish and innovative spaces for the nursery, bedroom and playroom. Key product categories include furniture, bedding, bath, window treatments, rugs, lighting, decorative accessories, toys, nursery essentials and gear such as backpacks and reusable lunch bags. Pottery Barn Kids operates 89 company-owned stores in the United States, Canada and Australia and has unaffiliated franchisees that operate stores in the Middle East, the Philippines and Mexico, as well as an ecommerce site at www.potterybarnkids.com that offers international shipping to customers worldwide. Pottery Barn Kids provides complimentary design services, a comprehensive gift registry program and monogramming services. The company is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
PBteen, a member of the Williams-Sonoma, Inc. portfolio of brands, launched in 2003 and is the first home retailer to focus exclusively on the teenage market. Designed to fully furnish bedrooms, study and lounge spaces for tweens and teens, PBteen provides fresh, fashionable options to appeal to varying teenage tastes. Categories include: bedding, window treatments, rugs, lighting, gear, decorative accessories, storage and organization solutions, and furniture including beanbag chairs. PBdorm, launched in 2010, is an exclusive collection that offers dorm furniture and essentials. This collection includes XL twin sheets, lighting, seating, storage bins and organization solutions, and other accessories designed to help teens turn their dorm room into their ultimate home away from home. PBteen products are available through direct mail catalogs, e-commerce site PBteen.com and at eighteen U.S. retail stores. PBteen currently offers international shipping to customers worldwide. The PBteen e-commerce site features Wishlist and StyleHouse, a special section with design tools, a room planner, free downloads, a music player, and a design library with decorating tips. PBteen has an active following on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram and its blog PBteen ♥. Additionally, PBdorm has a dedicated Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram presence, as well as a blog Style Major. PBteen is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
ABOUT WILLIAMS-SONOMA, INC.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is a specialty retailer of high-quality products for the home. These products, representing eight distinct merchandise strategies – Williams-Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, West Elm, PBteen, Williams-Sonoma Home, Rejuvenation, and Mark and Graham – are marketed through e-commerce websites, direct mail catalogs and 623 stores. Williams-Sonoma, Inc. currently operates in the United States, Canada, Australia and the United Kingdom, offers international shipping to customers worldwide, and has unaffiliated franchisees that operate stores in the Middle East, the Philippines and Mexico.