SCOTTS VALLEY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Pearl Automation Inc. (Pearl), founded on the belief that all drivers should have access to the latest car features, today announces RearVision, the advanced backup camera and alert system that installs in minutes. RearVision enables a super-wide view of the area behind your vehicle in both day and night — with high-definition video streamed wirelessly to your phone — and is the first to provide feature enhancements through automatic updates. RearVision is available for preorder today at pearlauto.com.
“You shouldn’t have to buy a new car to get new car features, especially as cars are expected to last up to 20 years,” said Bryson Gardner, co-founder and CEO of Pearl. “Rather than wait for the promise of the autonomous vehicle, we are further developing many of those underlying technologies to help the human driver today. And these features learn and improve over time through automatic updates, just as you’ve come to expect with the experience on your phone."
Typically, automotive technology can take 40 or more years to reach wide scale adoption (source: HLDI, 2012). The first backup camera appeared in a production car 25 years ago, yet fewer than one in four vehicles in the US have them today (source: CEA, 2015). Backup cameras are widely recognized as one of the most important safety and convenience features, and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has mandated that backup cameras become standard starting with all model-year 2019 cars.
• Installs in Minutes — The solar-charged Camera Frame installs wirelessly around your license plate. Plug the Car Adapter into the on-board diagnostic (OBD) port, pair the Pearl App and the product is ready for use.
• Dual HD Cameras – Tuned for stereovision, two cameras stream super-wide video through the Pearl iOS or Android App in both portrait and landscape, even at night. Tap-to-pan offers easy control to see what’s behind your car.
• Intelligent Alerts – Through advanced image processing, the RearVision Car Adapter analyzes the video streams to detect obstacles in your path, providing audible alerts and sending visual alerts to your phone.
• Automatic Updates — Pearl RearVision includes ongoing software updates that deliver performance improvements and new feature enhancements.
• Phone as the Display – No need to install another screen — use the screen that you already bring into your car every day.
• Hands-Free - A thoughtfully-designed Phone Mount is included for an optimal hands-free experience.
Preorder today and receive free shipping at pearlauto.com. Pearl RearVision retails for $499.99.
Pearl was founded on the belief that all drivers should have access to the latest car features. The company is advancing the underlying technologies in the autonomous vehicle to improve the experience for every driver on the road today. Its first product, RearVision, is the backup camera redefined — it installs in minutes, provides obstacle alerts and updates automatically to deliver ongoing feature enhancements. Created by former leaders in Apple’s iPod and iPhone teams and inspired by the world-changing products they helped produce, Pearl is dedicated to improving the more than 1.2 billion cars on the road today. Pearl is privately funded by Accel, Shasta Ventures, Venrock and Wellcome Trust. For more information, visit www.pearlauto.com.
Pearl and the Pearl logo are trademarks of Pearl Automation Inc. © 2016 Pearl Automation Inc. All rights reserved. All other trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.