NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE:BKS), the nation’s largest retail bookseller and a leading retailer of content, digital media and educational products, today announced that B-Fest (BN.com/B-FEST), the Company’s first teen book festival and the largest national teen book festival in the United States, will feature more than 1,800 author appearances at stores nationwide. B-Fest takes place this weekend, June 10 through June 12, and will represent the largest-ever weekend of author events in Barnes & Noble history.
The list of authors appearing during this weekend’s teen festival is almost endless, but features the biggest names in the worlds of teen and young adult literature, including Jazz Jennings, David Levithan, Jennifer Niven, Christopher Paolini, Scott Westerfeld, Rick Yancey, Nicola Yoon and many, many more. Customers can visit the Barnes & Noble Store Locator (www.bn.com/storelocator) for the latest details on who’s appearing at their local store.
“We are thrilled to announce an unprecedented number of author appearances, more than 1,800, taking place at our stores nationwide for this weekend’s B-Fest teen book festival,” said Mary Amicucci, Chief Merchandising Officer at Barnes & Noble. “This is not only the most author appearances in one weekend in the history of Barnes & Noble, it’s also a hugely important moment for authors and publishers. By rallying together in such a powerful way, we’re giving teens across the country the unique opportunity to meet and interact with their favorite authors at their local store, and to feel like they’re more connected to stories and characters they love.”
B-Fest will also feature many other engaging events and activities for teens, including cosplay, trivia and interactive games, all designed to provide teens with unique and fun experiences that will fuel their love of reading and writing. During B-Fest, teens will get access to free content including chapter samplers, an exciting cover reveal, and more, while supplies last. The three-day B-Fest teen book festival will feature the following four cornerstone events that will take place at all stores:
- B-In the Know – Friday, June 10 at 7PM: Featuring a trivia blast created by Penguin Teen and Random House’s First in Line. One winner per store will be added to Penguin Teen’s Advanced Reader Copy mailing list for one year, and receive between 5 and 6 preselected advanced reader’s copies of books that have not yet been released.
- B-First – Saturday, June 11 at 11AM: Customers can get a sneak peak of upcoming new releases and more. Teens at this event will also receive a free ‘Epic Reads’ festival brochure provided by HarperCollins, while supplies last, that includes specially curated content like sneak peeks of upcoming books and fun quizzes, crosswords and more.
- B-Part of the Fun – Saturday June 11 at 2PM: Featuring a spelling showdown and the chance to win exclusive prize packs, swag and more. The event will include interactive games and activities around popular teen book series, with giveaways and prizes based on these leading properties.
- B-Creative – Sunday June 12 at 2PM: Customers can participate in a story development workshop by Adaptive Studios (http://adaptivestudios.com). During the workshop, teen writers will learn how to develop stories, write “log lines” (a one- or two-sentence description that gives the basic concept of a script), create “spark pages” (a one- to two-page synopsis of an idea that includes narrative arc, descriptions of main characters, and tone or themes of the story), and get tips for reimagining popular characters.
For more information on B-Fest, customers should visit BN.com/B-FEST or ask one of the knowledgeable booksellers at their local Barnes & Noble store. Teens should follow Barnes & Noble on Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr and like Barnes & Noble on Facebook for the very latest information on B-Fest, and join in on the conversation using the hashtag, #BFestBuzz. All throughout B-Fest weekend Barnes & Noble will be running social media sweepstakes* with fantastic prizes.
* Must be 13 years of age or older at time of entry and a resident of the U.S. to participate in Sweepstakes.
About Barnes & Noble, Inc.
Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE: BKS) is a Fortune 500 company, the nation’s largest retail bookseller, and a leading retailer of content, digital media and educational products. The Company operates 640 Barnes & Noble bookstores in 50 states, and one of the Web’s premier e-commerce sites, BN.com (www.bn.com). The Nook Digital business offers a lineup of popular NOOK® tablets and eReaders and an expansive collection of digital reading and entertainment content through the NOOK Store®. The NOOK Store features more than 4 million digital books in the US (www.nook.com), plus periodicals and comics, and offers the ability to enjoy content across a wide array of popular devices through Free NOOK Reading Apps™ available for Android™, iOS® and Windows®.
General information on Barnes & Noble, Inc. can be obtained by visiting the Company's corporate website at www.barnesandnobleinc.com.
Barnes & Noble®, Barnes & Noble Booksellers®, Barnes & Noble.com® and Discover Great New Writers® are trademarks of Barnes & Noble, Inc. or its affiliates. NOOK® and the NOOK logos are trademarks of Nook Digital, LLC or its affiliates.
For more information on Barnes & Noble, follow us on Twitter, Instagram and Tumblr, and like us on Facebook. For more information on NOOK, follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook.