CHANDLER, Ariz.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Arizona Bioindustry Association (AZBio) today announced an unprecedented lineup of opportunities for family offices, sovereign wealth funds, accredited investors (angel investors), venture capitalists, and community leaders to connect and engage with life science innovators during the week of September 18, 2016.
In February of 2016, the Arizona Senate proclaimed September 18 -23, 2016 as Arizona Bioscience Week in recognition of the life-saving and life-changing innovations being discovered, developed, and delivered across Arizona’s life science and healthcare community.
“Arizona’s researchers, life science innovator companies, and leading healthcare systems are working together with a single focused goal of improving the quality of life for people here in Arizona and around the world,” shared Joan Koerber-Walker, president and CEO of AZBio. “Today, Arizona’s bioscience industry is gaining national and international recognition for the work being done to make LIFE better for people living with cancer, metabolic diseases, heart disease, neurodegenerative diseases, and more.”
The lineup for Arizona Bioscience Week includes a growing list of opportunities for investors and innovators to connect and engage including:
- The Cavendish Global Impact Forum - Cavendish Global uniquely provides leading family offices, their foundations and sovereign wealth funds with a discrete, peer-to-peer knowledge expansion and relationship building environment, combined with the innovative resources required to help develop and implement their individual impact investment, grant making and sustainable philanthropy programs. Attendees will have the opportunity to participate in three days of thought leadership interactions with leading researchers, innovators, and clinicians focused on precision medicine (Sept. 19th), neurodegenerative disease (Sept. 20th), and how teams across organizations are collaborating in unique ways to drive patient centered innovation forward faster (Sept. 21st).
- The AZBio Awards – Arizona’s life science and leadership community will come together with the Cavendish community and visitors from around the country to celebrate life-science innovation and innovators at the AZBio Awards on the evening of September 21st at the Phoenix Convention Center. Highlights of the evening will include honoring George Poste, PhD with the AZBio Pioneer Award for Lifetime Achievement and a celebration of the achievements of leading researchers, educators, and innovator companies.
- The Student Discovery Zone – Today, life science innovators are changing how we proactively prevent illness, diagnose disease and care for patients. Tomorrow’s life science and healthcare breakthroughs will be discovered, developed and delivered by today’s students. The Student Discovery Zone will showcase the work of fifty students from Arizona high schools, community colleges, and universities at the Phoenix Convention Center on September 21st. Now in its fifth year, this program has provided over 300 students with the opportunity to showcase their work and connect with industry leaders.
- The White Hat Life Science Investor Conference - The West was won by innovators, investors, and prospectors who understood the value of discovery and accepted the challenge of investing in new frontiers. White Hat brings together the next generation of biotech and healthcare pioneers from across the Rocky Mountain & Southwest Region at the Phoenix Convention Center on September 21 & 22, 2016. A collaboration between the bioscience industry associations across the region, White Hat showcases investment opportunities for in the areas of diagnostics, therapeutics, medical devices, and health information technology.
- A Statewide Partnering System, powered by Jujama, will provide visitors and local innovators the ability to connect and schedule meetings throughout the week.
- The Virtual Life Science Career Fair, powered by the AZBio Career Center, will provide the opportunity for talented life science professionals to connect with career opportunities across Arizona’s growing life science and healthcare sector.
“Innovations in the life sciences and in healthcare delivery are truly making LIFE better,” added Koerber-Walker. “Arizona Bioscience Week is a great opportunity for investors to connect and engage with life science innovators and to explore investments in companies that are working to extend life and improve the quality of life today and for generations to come.”
For more information on Arizona Bioscience Week, go to www.AZBio.org/AzBW.
A key component in Arizona’s life science ecosystem, the Arizona Bioindustry Association (AZBio) is the only statewide organization exclusively focused on Arizona’s bioscience industry. AZBio membership includes patient advocacy organizations, life science innovators, educators, healthcare partners and leading business organizations. AZBio is the statewide affiliate of the Biotechnology Innovation Organization (BIO) and works in partnership with AdvaMed, MDMA, and PhRMA to advance innovation and to ensure that the value delivered from life-changing and life-saving innovation benefits people in Arizona and around the world.
Images available upon request.