SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--(NASDAQ:AMZN) -- Amazon today announced the expansion of Prime FREE Same-Day Delivery to even more metro areas including Charlotte, Cincinnati, Fresno, Louisville, Milwaukee, Nashville, Raleigh, Richmond, Sacramento, Stockton, and Tucson, plus new areas in Central New Jersey, Dallas-Fort Worth, Los Angeles, and San Diego. Prime members can place an order in the morning and receive all Same-Day orders over $35 before bedtime that very same day, seven days a week – even Sunday. With these newly added areas, Prime FREE Same-Day Delivery now serves 27 metro areas in the US, accounting for more than 1,000 cities and towns.
“Prime was developed to make shopping on Amazon fast and convenient, and millions of members have used Prime FREE Same-Day Delivery to make their lives even easier,” said Greg Greeley, Vice President of Prime. “We keep making Prime better, and as our operational capabilities grow, we will continue to invent and expand delivery options that customers love.”
Prime members shopping on Amazon.com can choose from more than a million eligible items for Prime FREE Same-Day Delivery including popular electronics, toys and games, home repair tools, outdoor gear, vacation must-haves and much more. Orders placed in the morning arrive by 9pm the very same day, orders placed in the afternoon or evening arrive the next day.
With Prime FREE Same-Day Delivery, millions of members can shop many of the most popular essentials for Spring and Summer. Some fun facts include:
- Members have ordered enough camping chairs to seat 77 baseball teams around a campfire and enough beach towels to line Santa Monica beach twice, since the program launched.
- Spring break Same-Day Delivery must-haves include SunBum SPF, Ray-ban Sunglasses, Wilson Outdoor Volleyball, and Kindle Paperwhite, to name a few.
- Top selling spring-cleaning essentials include painter’s tape, handheld vacuums, and frame hanging strips.
- Among the most popular items ordered with Prime FREE Same-Day Delivery so far this Spring are the Fire 7” and Fitbit Activity Wristband.
Prime FREE Same-Day Delivery is now available in 27 metro areas, including Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Cincinnati, Dallas-Fort Worth, Fresno, Indianapolis, the greater Los Angeles area, Louisville, Milwaukee, Nashville, greater New York City including North and Central New Jersey, Orlando, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Raleigh, Richmond, Sacramento, San Diego, the San Francisco Bay area including Oakland and San Jose, Seattle-Tacoma, Stockton, the Tampa Bay area, Tucson and Washington, D.C. Find eligible zip codes and start shopping at www.amazon.com/sameday or join Amazon Prime at www.amazon.com/prime.
Fast and Free Comes with Choices
Amazon Prime comes with multiple options for unlimited fast, free shipping. Members can use any of these options in eligible areas including:
- Prime FREE Same-Day: Members in 27 metro areas, which include more than 1,000 cities and towns, can place an order in the morning and have that order delivered before bedtime. Members can choose from a broad selection of more than a million items, seven days a week – even Sunday. Learn more about Prime FREE Same-Day at www.amazon.com/sameday.
- Prime Now: Members in more than 25 metro areas can choose from tens of thousands of everyday essentials for ultra-fast, free two-hour delivery from a dedicated mobile app. Learn more about Prime Now at www.amazon.com/primenow.
- Prime FREE Two-Day: Prime members enjoy unlimited Free Two-Day Shipping on more than 30 million items across all product categories. Two-Day Shipping spans the continental US from large cities to rural areas.
More to Prime
Amazon Prime is an annual membership program for $99 a year that offers customers unlimited Free Two-Day Shipping on more than 30 million items across all categories, unlimited Free Same-Day Delivery on more than a million items in 27 metro areas, and one and two-hour delivery with Prime Now on tens of thousands of items available in more than 25 metro areas. In addition to fast, free shipping, members have access to unlimited streaming of tens of thousands of movies and TV episodes, more than one million songs and thousands of curated playlists and stations with Prime Music, early access to select Lightning Deals all year long, free secure, unlimited photo storage in Amazon Cloud Drive with Prime Photos and access to more than one million books to borrow with the Kindle Owners’ Lending Library. Not a member? Start a free trial of Amazon Prime at amazon.com/prime.
Amazon.com opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995. The company is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit www.amazon.com/about.