ST. PAUL, Minn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Visitors attending the 2016 Digital Signage Expo (DSE) in Las Vegas this week will be the first to see how 3M ingenuity helps make digital signage come alive in large-format, multi-touch displays. 3M is unveiling its new line of Projected Capacitive (PCAP) Multi-Touch Displays that incorporates the company’s proprietary ultrafine metal mesh touch system conductor design. The new displays and the company’s line of 3M PCAP systems will be showcased in several digital signage demonstrations at 3M Booth 1427.
At the core of the new 3M multi-touch displays and systems offering is the proprietary design of the ultrafine metal mesh touch system conductor – a step change in sensor optical performance, responsiveness and durability. When paired with 3M Multi-Touch Controller PX5000, this touch system has the speed and responsiveness necessary for today’s digital signage and collaboration applications. The technology was developed by leveraging 3M science through the use of advanced optical modeling and capacitive sensing techniques during the company’s 30 years of service to the display and touch industry.
“Consumers want exciting digital interfaces with more natural multi-touch interaction,” said Scott Hagermoser, global business manager, 3M Touch Systems. “Our new multi-touch displays offer systems integrators and value added resellers a fully-integrated, fast, accurate and interactive multi-touch display that helps make digital signage come alive like never before.”
The new, ultrafine metal mesh touch system conductor design technology will be available on the company’s display products, ranging from 32- to 65-inches. This new technology breaks through previous technology barriers by maintaining high image quality and multi-touch responsiveness, and minimizing many known problems in other metal mesh PCAP systems, such as moiré and sparkle. The displays are durable enough for harsh commercial environments and 24/7 public use.
Notable features of the new 3M Multi-Touch PCAP Displays include:
- A fully-integrated chassis solution with 3M proprietary ultrafine metal mesh design; Highly tuned, multi-touch functionality that supports up to 80 simultaneous touch points
- Exceptional optical clarity, regardless of viewing angle
- A sleek, all-glass front surface featuring a bezel-free edge and modern design aesthetic
- Strengthened sensor glass to withstand the rigors of public environments and harsh conditions
- Customization for 2K and 4K applications across a wide range of sizes and display technologies
- The ability to accommodate many display orientations, including landscape, portrait, tabletop and various tilt angles.
- An easy-to-clean, virtually “no wear” surface that provides operation unaffected by surface scratches
- An anti-glare surface for table-top applications or strong ambient lighting environments
- Operating systems compatibility with Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP, Linux and Mac OS
- Stable, life-cycle product availability
New 3M PCAP Multi-Touch Displays with Ultrafine Metal Mesh Design will be available for purchase in May 2016 through leading distributors and resellers.
The 3M Display Materials & Systems Division provides innovative touchscreen systems and displays to customers worldwide. 3M touch products are commonly used for single- and multi-touch applications that include interactive digital signage, casino gaming, foodservice, hospitality, industrial, healthcare, retail point of sale and self-service. Learn more about 3M Touch solutions at www.3M.com/PCAP and www.3M.com/touch.
At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world. Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
3M is a trademark of 3M Company.
All other trademarks listed herein are owned by their respective companies.