ALAMO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--RPM Mortgage, Inc. (RPM) announced that it has been given Standard & Poor’s (S&P) Above Average U.S. Residential Mortgage Originator ranking for 2015. Since its first evaluation in 2012, RPM has earned this ranking three consecutive times, and remains the only privately owned U.S. Residential Mortgage Originator to consistently receive Above Average ratings across all eight key areas S&P analyzes.
Here is a summary of S&P’s 2015 findings published February 19, 2016 after they reviewed RPM’s origination process for prime residential mortgages, including conventional, government agency, and jumbo loans:
- S&P’s overall above average ranking for operational functions reflects their opinion of RPM’s overall knowledge and experience in eight key areas: management and organization, financial position, risk management, retail loan officer management, underwriting, pre-funding, loan quality, post-funding quality control, appraisal/valuation management, and regulatory compliance.
- RPM’s top executives hold a long mortgage-focused track record dating back to 1986, overseeing mortgage companies with better than average historical loan performance, and measured growth. In 2015, RPM closed $5.8 billion in residential mortgages.
- RPM’s performance has been notably stable facing the recent housing market challenges, and its origination exhibited better-than-average performance throughout the most recent housing cycle.
- RPM operates a retail-only origination model, under which all agents conducting client-facing interactions are RPM employees who live and work in the communities they serve. Unlike other large prime and jumbo lenders, RPM does not use brokers or correspondents.
- RPM’s historical delinquencies, early payment defaults, and repurchases compared favorably with peers: For 2012-2014 originations in post-crisis prime securitizations, no RPM loans were 90-plus days delinquent, and there were no losses. And RPM’s two-year FHA compare ratio for serious delinquencies was better than the U.S. average in the two years ended October 31, 2015.
- S&P also analyzed investor scorecards for certain post-crisis RPM originations that showed lower delinquencies compared with RPM’s peers over the past two years.
“S&P’s 2015 rating of RPM underscores our decades-long commitment to credit and employee quality,” said RPM CEO Rob Hirt. “Our credit quality commitment has always been driven by our management and employee quality commitment. We take great pride in investing in the training and technology our people need to advise and take care of each client in each community we serve.”
About RPM Mortgage, Inc.
Based in Alamo, California, RPM Mortgage, Inc. is a private mortgage lender dedicated to providing clients with competitive rates, the best customer-focused products, and the highest quality service. Since 1986, trust, knowledge and community focus have been the core values upon which RPM’s founders have built their reputation. As the only privately owned U.S. mortgage originator to have earned Standard & Poor’s (S&P) Above Average ranking in all ratings categories, RPM was also named one of S&P’s Select Servicers in 2014 and 2015. Scotsman Guide ranked RPM as the No. 12 mortgage lender in Top Retail Volume and No. 19 in Top Overall Volume for 2014. RPM’s family of companies have 57 branches serving communities across Arizona, California, Colorado, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Nevada, Oregon, Vermont, and Washington. For more information, please visit http://www.rpm-mtg.com, call 925.295.9300, or follow @RPMMortgage.
RPM Mortgage, Inc. | 3236 Stone Valley Road West, Alamo, CA 94507 | NMLS #9472 | AZ – Mortgage Banker License #0924551. CA – Licensed by the Department of Business Oversight under the Residential Mortgage Lending Act. CO – Mortgage Company Registration, Regulated by the Division of Real Estate. CT – License #ML1938. FL – License #MLD476. ME – License #SLM3129. MA – License #MC1938. NH – Licensed by New Hampshire Banking Department, NMLS #1938. ND – Money Broker License #MB102711. NV – Mortgage Broker License #1232. OR – Mortgage Lending License #ML-4876. RI – Licensed Lender 20153169LL. VT – Lender #6207. WA – Consumer Loan Company License #CL-9472. | Equal Housing Opportunity.