SANTA BARBARA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Shipping intelligence provider ShipHawk today launched a new suite of solutions to address the changing needs of retailers. These products include a free parcel-only product, and a range of new solutions that support parcel, freight and home delivery for retailers of all sizes, from small businesses through enterprise.
As retailers struggle to stay competitive, they need shipping solutions that not only automate the back-end process, but also provide a great buyer experience and the ability to evaluate and manage the financial impact. The new ShipHawk Platform solves these challenges by providing instant price comparisons in the shopping cart, customer-facing order tracking, full back-end automation, and aggregated data and insights across all shipping types—parcel, freight, and home delivery—helping retailers achieve higher conversions, lower costs, and improved margins.
"Shipping is no longer a back office activity, it’s become a critical lever for eCommerce companies to acquire customers, create brand loyalty, and increase margins," said Jeremy Bodenhamer, CEO, ShipHawk. “With the expanding range of goods being bought online, retailers need best-of-breed solutions that can meet their needs, whether their products are toys, apparel, automotive, or home furnishings. Our new suite of products gives everyone access to ShipHawk’s world-class technology, starting with a free entry-level product."
The best-in-class ShipHawk Platform empowers retailers in three ways:
1. Improves the buyer experience with guaranteed real-time pricing at point-of-purchase and customer-facing order tracking.
2. Automates the entire shipping experience, including rating, booking, dispatch, tracking, and reconciliation, through a centralized dashboard.
3. Gives retailers visibility to carrier performance and margin metrics including subsidies and costs.
“As a high-growth home furnishings retailer, we need to access to a sophisticated platform with a broad range of shipping options,” noted Ben Parsa, COO of Dot & Bo. “ShipHawk’s suite of tools and features enables us to reduce the cost and time it takes to manage our freight shipping.”
"Shipping is the second largest variable cost, behind cost-of-goods," said Sharon Goldstein, Chief Revenue Officer, ShipHawk. "With the increased expectations of consumers, the dynamic nature of the industry, and the incredible amount of money at stake, retailers are looking for any advantage to compete effectively. The ShipHawk platform gives them the necessary visibility to evaluate the impact of shipping policies, carriers, and buyer behavior on profitability."
The new ShipHawk solutions are available via API and a visual dashboard. They include:
- Basic: A completely free product that enables retailers to compare, discover, and book the best parcel rates, track products with a single unified view and automatically book and ship items. This option is intended for smaller retailers dealing only with parcel deliveries.
- Plus: A solution that offers both parcel and LTL in a single solution for eCommerce retailers requiring both categories of service.
- Pro: A full-featured solution that provides small and medium-sized retailers access to the most diverse ecosystem of carriers including parcel, LTL, and home delivery, giving them a sophisticated all-in-one tool at an affordable price point.
- Enterprise: A comprehensive platform with custom-facing features, real-time rating, and end-to-end automation, plus unique data and insights to drive key shipping decisions.
“As an independent retailer trying to compete in the demanding ecommerce environment, shipping is a critical issue,” said Dana Nappi, Co-Founder and Marketing Strategist of Peter Nappi. “Having access to a free product that compares order level pricing, automates the fulfillment process, and enhances our buying experience will be a game-changer.”
The new free product and information about the ShipHawk platform are available immediately at www.shiphawk.com.
ShipHawk is innovating the eCommerce sector by automating distribution processes through technology. No matter how big, how many, or how diverse the items to be shipped, ShipHawk’s unique platform offers instant price comparisons, optimal delivery options, and intelligent packaging solutions that minimize costs and improve sales. By aggregating transportation and logistics data from all types of shipping carriers into a single platform, ShipHawk shipping intelligence arms retailers with the transparency needed to create the ultimate buyer experience and turn shipping into a competitive advantage.
ShipHawk was the winner of the TechCrunch Disrupt 2013 Audience Choice Award. The company was founded in 2012 and is based in Santa Barbara, California. Learn more at www.shiphawk.com.