REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:
Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS
- Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright – Two kingdoms are on the brink of war. Whose side will you choose? Torn between two families, you’re an heir of Hoshido, raised by Nohrian royals. If you walk the path of Birthright, you’ll battle the corrupted king of Nohr beside a family of strangers. Command them expertly and forge deep relationships to master this next entry in the beloved turn-based strategy series. The Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright game will be available on Feb. 19.
- Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest – Two kingdoms are on the brink of war. Whose side will you choose? Torn between two families, you’re an heir of Hoshido, raised by Nohrian royals. If you walk the path of Conquest, you must fight to change your misguided kingdom from within. Command warriors with expert precision and forge deep relationships to master this next entry in the beloved turn-based strategy series. The Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest game will be available on Feb. 19.
- Fire Emblem Fates: Map Pack 1 – Map Pack 1 features 11 maps plus bonus content upon release. These maps shine new light on the cast of characters from Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright and Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest, as well as old favorites from the Fire Emblem Awakening game. Discover new background stories about these beloved warriors, while earning more experience points and exclusive weaponry. By purchasing Map Pack 1, players will receive the downloadable content as it releases. Maps will launch weekly through April 21. Players must own Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright or Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest to access all DLC, which is available for purchase in-game after completing Chapter 6. The first map, Map 1: Before Awakening, is now available for free to owners of either game.
- Project X Zone 2 – In the sequel to the original world-crossing adventure, legendary characters from some of Japan’s most prolific video game publishers come together to create the biggest mashup strategy game ever! Team up with classic characters from dozens of the most popular franchises in video game history like Chrom and Lucina from Fire Emblem Awakening and Fiora from the Xenoblade Chronicles game. Click here to view a trailer for the game.
Virtual Console on Wii U
- Ninja Gaiden II: The Dark Sword of Chaos – In this NES classic sequel, the Emperor of Darkness, Ashtar, is on the move following his servant’s failure. It’s up to Ryu Hayabusa to save the day again. Pick up items that will provide increased abilities, like splitting Ryu into three. Destroy enemies with the Invincible Fire Wheel and other powerful ninjutsu techniques.
- Ninja Gaiden III: The Ancient Ship of Doom – Join master ninja Ryu Hayabusa, last member of the famous Dragon Clan, in the third and final chapter of the legendary Ninja Gaiden saga on NES. Help Ryu defeat the forces of evil once more and discover the real culprit behind – spoiler alert! – Irene’s tragic death!
- Double Dragon III: The Sacred Stones – Join the Lee brothers as they head on a worldwide search for their friend Marion and the powerful Sacred Stones. Defeat your enemies using a collection of martial arts moves, including those of enemies that join your quest. Play solo or together with another player as you finally reach the evil mastermind behind Marion’s kidnapping.
Nintendo eShop sales:
Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS
- Bombing Bastards, Talking Phrasebook – 7 Languages and more from Sanuk Games are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Feb. 25.
- 3D Game Collection, Island Flight Simulator and more games from Joindots are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Feb. 25.
Nintendo eShop on Wii U
- Sonic the Hedgehog: Triple Trouble and Sonic Lost World from SEGA are on sale starting 9 a.m. PT on Feb. 22 until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 7.
- Vector Assault is 20 percent off (reduced from $4.99 to $3.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Feb. 23.
- Astral Breakers is 40 percent off (reduced from $4.99 to $2.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Feb. 25.
- Wicked Monster Blast! HD+ is more than 35 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Feb. 29.
Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS
- Demon King Box and Wakedas from Circle Entertainment are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on March. 3.
- Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked is more than 65 percent off (reduced from $29.99 to $9.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Feb. 29.
- Aqua Moto Racing 3D is 50 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $3.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Feb. 25.
- AeternoBlade is more than 30 percent off (reduced from $14.99 to $9.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Feb. 29.
- Etrian Mystery Dungeon and Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan and more from ATLUS are on sale starting 9 a.m. PT on Feb. 22 until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 7.
Theme Shop on Nintendo 3DS:
New themes this week include:
- SEGA Dreamcast Theme
- Pokémon: Champion Steven
- Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright – Available on Feb. 19
- Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest – Available on Feb. 19
Also new this week:
- Musicverse: Electronic Keyboard (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- TAP TAP ARCADE (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new games weekly to Nintendo eShop on the Wii U console and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, the Nintendo DSi™ Shop for the Nintendo DSi system and the Wii™ Shop Channel for the Wii console.
Nintendo eShop is a cash-based service that features a wide variety of content, including new and classic games, applications and demos. Users can add money to their account balances by using a credit card or purchasing a Nintendo eShop Card at a retail store and entering the code from the card. All funds from one card must be loaded in Nintendo eShop on either Wii U or the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, but can be used in either Nintendo eShop if the systems are linked to a single Nintendo Network account.
The Wii Shop Channel offers games and applications and uses Wii Points™, which can be purchased via the Wii Shop Channel. The Nintendo DSi Shop offers games and applications and uses Nintendo DSi Points™, which can be purchased in the Nintendo DSi Shop.
Remember that Wii U, Wii, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL, Nintendo 2DS and Nintendo DSi feature parental controls that let adults manage some of the content their children can access. For more information about this and other features, visit http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu or http://www.nintendo.com/3ds.
Note to editors: Nintendo press materials are available at http://press.nintendo.com, a password-protected site. To obtain a login, please register on the site.