SAN JOSE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Demonstrating its commitment to digital marketing innovation, Adobe (Nasdaq:ADBE) today announced its fourth Adobe Digital Marketing Research Awards and third annual Data Science Symposium taking place on May 26, 2016 at Adobe San Jose.
At the event, professors and students from leading digital marketing universities will gather alongside Adobe leaders to present research and discuss the use of data science in marketing. Research grants up to $50,000 allow academic institutions to advance data science projects around media optimization, digital experience management, content personalization, mobile, analytics, social and more.
- Adobe supports academic research related to digital marketing, and cultivates external ideation and innovation from academia. At Adobe’s Data Science Symposium, professors and students will have the opportunity to learn about and discuss the real-world implementation of data science in Adobe’s Digital Marketing business.
- The recipients of the Adobe Digital Marketing Research Awards will present at Adobe’s Data Science Symposium. Full-time university faculty are invited to submit proposals for the research grant, and the next submission deadlines for the 2016 Adobe Digital Marketing Research Awards are February 19, 2016 and August 2016. Submission details can be found here.
- Since the inaugural awards in 2014, more than 100 proposals from over 30 universities have been submitted, with 18 selected for research grants. Recipients for the 2015 grants included professors from Rutgers University, Northeastern University, UC Berkeley and University of Pennsylvania.
- As part of its efforts to further research at the university level and support future careers for students, the recent Adobe Digital Analytics Competition (ADAC) challenged students with analyzing mobile app data from Adobe customer Starwood Hotels. Brigham Young University students received $30,000 for a project focused on innovative ways to solve business problems through the use of data. To read more about the ADAC and stay informed about the 2016 competition, visit here.
- The scale Adobe operates at helps power academic research. Adobe’s customer base provides access to data from 41 trillion transactions and 4.1 trillion rich media requests conducted with Adobe Marketing Cloud per year.
Adobe is currently working with professors to incorporate their work into Adobe Marketing Cloud. Lise Getoor, a UC Santa Cruz professor and grant recipient, has produced new algorithms to improve the personalization and performance of marketing content by 10 to 15 percent. Rutgers University professor and grant recipient Muthu Muthukrishnan is leveraging analytics data Adobe collects from marketers to develop sublinear algorithms for contextual anomaly detection and attribution. The work identifies anomalies to better understand the performance of ad campaigns and accurately predict and optimize ad spend.
“As an academic, you can try and think up real-world challenges facing marketers, but it’s much better to work with companies that actually work to solve these problems for customers every day,” said Lise Getoor, professor at UC Santa Cruz. “The Adobe Digital Marketing Research Awards allow me and my team to combine theory and practice—the goal of any researcher.”
“The award played a critical role in completing the data collection and analysis for my project on location-based mobile advertising,” said New York University Professor Anindya Ghose. “It is a massive validation for the importance of the research my colleagues and I conducted, and personally a big achievement.”
“We’re seeing talented professors and students making incredible advances in data science, and are thrilled to launch our fourth Digital Marketing Research Awards to help further their research,” said Anil Kamath, fellow and vice president, Adobe Marketing Cloud Technology at Adobe. “Adobe, which is recognized by Gartner and Forrester Research as a leader in the industry, has the most comprehensive set of integrated digital marketing solutions with a wealth of real-time, large-scale data. By exchanging ideas and research, we are jointly pushing the boundaries of how data science is used in digital.”
About Adobe Marketing Cloud
Adobe Marketing Cloud empowers companies to use big data to effectively reach and engage customers and prospects with highly personalized marketing content across devices and digital touch points. Eight tightly integrated Solutions offer marketers a complete set of marketing technologies that focus on analytics, web and app experience management, testing and targeting, advertising, video, audience management, social engagement and campaign orchestration. The tie-in with Adobe Creative Cloud makes it easy to quickly activate creative assets across all marketing channels. Thousands of brands worldwide including two thirds of Fortune 50 companies rely on Adobe Marketing Cloud.
About Adobe Systems Incorporated
Adobe is changing the world through digital experiences. For more information, visit www.adobe.com.
© 2016 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved. Adobe and the Adobe logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.