ALEXANDRIA, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Accountablecaredoctors.org, the organizational website for the Council of Accountable Physician Practices (CAPP), is a new online resource dedicated to improving healthcare for all Americans. The site, created by CAPP, a coalition of the leading medical groups in the nation, provides commentary and healthcare content for physicians across the United States who want to move towards becoming accountable care organizations, and for media and consumers interested in how the American healthcare system is taking shape. CAPP is affiliated with the American Medical Group Foundation, and consists of 28 of the country's best and highest performing multi-specialty medical groups.
“If we are going to achieve truly accountable, coordinated care, the multi-specialty medical groups that are members of CAPP recognize that we need to provide a resource for physician leaders to come together to share information and learn about opportunities to improve the patient experience and quality of care,” said Robert Pearl, M.D., Chair of CAPP, and CEO of The Permanente Medical Group and the Mid-Atlantic Permanente Medical Group. “Despite the huge expenditures made on healthcare in the United States, we lag behind in many vital health measures compared to other industrialized nations – life expectancy and infant mortality, to name two. We believe that physician-led, integrated medical care with robust technology, coordinated and preventive care, and payment based on outcomes are key pillars necessary to transform the way healthcare is delivered today. Our CAPP groups strive to continually improve the care they deliver, and have many stories and experiences to share.”
“With the new Accountablecaredoctors.org site, we are taking a big step forward in our goal to foster communication with consumers, healthcare professionals, and policymakers to make healthcare more accountable and patient-centric,” commented Norman Chenven, M.D., Vice Chair of CAPP, founder and CEO of Austin Regional Clinic (ARC). “We now have videos, a media resource center, and a dynamic ‘Accountable Docs’ blog with commentary from health leaders around the U.S. that discusses what healthcare could and should be like for patients, and how we can work together to achieve that goal.”
The newly revised website offers resources such as:
- A whiteboard video explaining accountable care in a compare-and-contrast format with patients and their different treatment paths.
- A video presenting the vision and the reality of care coordination for better outcomes.
- The “Accountable Docs” blog that is a forum for discussion, and for sharing the innovations and issues around accountable care to help improve care coordination, prevention, and 24/7 access to care.
- Videos about real patients whose lives and health have been transformed by accountable, organized medical groups.
- Survey results on how Americans are currently using technology to access their physicians.
- A section for media offers resources to journalists who are researching and writing about integrated systems of care and other trends in healthcare.
- A brief survey for visitors to share their opinions about healthcare.
- Facts about healthcare in the U.S. to help readers to understand both the big picture of healthcare, and the improvements that should be made to improve the patient experience.
Site visitors can also get information on the presentations of the November 4, 2015 event that took place in Washington, D.C., “Better Together: High Tech and High Touch – The Patient-Physician Relationship in the New Millennium,” and see notifications of future events.
To learn more about integrated healthcare and receive daily updates on key healthcare issues, follow CAPP on Twitter at: @accountableDOCS.
About the Council of Accountable Physician Practices:
The Council of Accountable Physician Practices (CAPP), an affiliate of the American Medical Group Foundation, is a coalition of visionary medical group and health system leaders. We believe that physicians working together, backed by integrated services, systems and data and technology, can best shape and guide the way care is delivered so that the welfare of the patient is always the primary focus. For more information, contact CAPP at Accountablecaredoctors.org.