SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) announced today the opening of the Martha Stewart American Made store (www.amazon.com/marthastewartamericanmade) on Handmade at Amazon, which spotlights local artisans that are personally selected by Martha Stewart and the editors of Martha Stewart Living. On Handmade at Amazon, artisans selling in the Martha Stewart American Made store will be identified in their artisan profile page with the official Martha Stewart American Made badge. To start, hundreds of unique handcrafted items are offered from artisans that have earned the Martha Stewart American Made distinction.
“We are thrilled to announce our relationship with Handmade at Amazon, where the Martha Stewart American Made store will highlight artisans and unique one-of-a kind handcrafted products—all made in America,” said Martha Stewart, Chief Creative Officer and Founder of Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia.
“On Handmade at Amazon, customers can discover genuinely handmade items crafted and sold directly from artisans with the familiar Amazon experience they know and trust. The Martha Stewart American Made store is made up of artisans that have turned their passion for quality craftsmanship and well-designed goods into a way of life, and that’s a perfect match for the Handmade at Amazon experience we continue to build for customers,” said Steve Johnson, Director for Amazon Marketplace. “The artisans featured in the Martha Stewart American Made store are producing products of the highest quality, and have therefore earned Martha’s personal seal of approval.”
Since launching the Handmade at Amazon store last month, selection has grown to approximately 200,000 quality handcrafted items from around the world, and artisans continue to add thousands of items a day. Handmade at Amazon has expanded to more than 10,000 artisans, with hundreds of new artisans being added each week.
Handmade at Amazon has added additional features to the store since launch, including:
- Talk to the Artisan: Customers can interact directly with thousands of artisans to commission a handcrafted item that will be uniquely their own, through the new Custom Orders link on the artisan’s profile page.
- Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Easily discoverable on Handmade at Amazon (www.amazon.com/handmade), the Handmade Holiday Gift Guide features eight curated gift lists including: Gifts for Her, Gifts for Him, Gifts for Kids, Luxury Gifts, Stocking Stuffers, Gifts for the Hostess, Gifts Under $100 and Gifts under $50.
- Made in Italy store: Featuring unique handcrafted items by Italian artisans, the Made in Italy storefront (www.amazon.com/MadeInItaly) highlights items from more than 50 artisans. The store features over 1,700 genuinely handmade items including Jewelry, Home Decor and Art.
Here’s what customers are saying about Handmade at Amazon:
- “I'm so excited I can hardly contain myself. I just logged on Amazon and saw the ‘handmade’ and got so excited that I immediately forgot why I originally came onto the site for. Thank you! Brilliant!” —Karen M.
- “I like knowing that I can purchase handmade items from a trusted site.” - Carmen B.
- “I love this! I love that a huge business like Amazon could help the little guy in this way.” - Tom C.
- “I am buying from artists I would have never known about if they weren’t on Amazon!” - Ryan B.
- “I am very happy to see Amazon give artists and craftsman a chance and opportunity to sell their wares. In my opinion if you’re looking to buy a gift, there is none better than a handmade item.” —Donna G.
- “LOVE LOVE LOVE this!! What a fantastic way to shine light on the artists and the hand crafted movement. Yay Amazon!!” - Martha B.
To explore products and view highlighted artisan videos on Handmade at Amazon, click here.
Amazon.com opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995. The company is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit www.amazon.com/about.