FRAMINGHAM, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--A new IDC Manufacturing Insights report, IDC Marketscape: Worldwide Manufacturing Service Life-Cycle Management IT Strategic Consulting 2015 Vendor Assessment (Doc #MI259885), provides a quantitative and qualitative assessment of the characteristics that explain a vendor's success in the IT strategic consulting for service life-cycle management (SLM) marketplace and assesses current and anticipated vendor performance in the marketplace. A companion to IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Manufacturing Service Life-Cycle Management SI/BPO 2015 Vendor Assessment (Doc #MI259305), this report assesses the capability and business strategy of seven of the prominent IT service providers, including Atos, Capgemini, Cognizant, Genpact, IGATE, TCS, and Tech Mahindra.
The IDC MarketScape is an evaluation based on a comprehensive framework and a set of parameters that assesses providers relative to one another and to those factors expected to be most conducive to success in a given market during both the short term and the long term. Key findings of this new report include:
- SLM, as defined in this report, includes customer support, call center, field service management, service parts information/documentation, spare parts inventory, service scheduling, and warranty.
- While all of the seven vendors included in this IDC MarketScape bring notable capability to the space, they offer varying approaches to SLM and its subcategories.
- Manufacturers vary in their approach to engaging with service providers for SLM initiatives, and projects range from advice on one process area within SLM to comprehensive business transformation across the service life cycle.
- SLM service providers have invested in delivery centers on a global scale to match customer needs and support SLM projects that incorporate 3rd Platform technologies like cloud, mobile, analytics, and social as well as innovation accelerators including the Internet of Things.
- The IDC MarketScape criteria used in evaluating the strategic consulting vendors for SLM in manufacturing are across the dual dimensions of strategy (future plans and where the vendor is headed) and capability (where the vendor is today in terms of capabilities).
- Across the vendors included in this report, there are some differences in experience by sub-industry and delivery approach, and as manufacturers evaluate different services, it can be useful to understand where a particular vendor has direct sub-industry experience and how the vendor locates resources.
- This IDC MarketScape is a starting point for manufacturers that are evaluating IT services vendors for help with SLM projects. It is a "short list," and does not replace the due diligence that companies must then complete to select the ultimate vendor for assistance in an SLM initiative.
"With the rise of connected products and as a result connected service, manufacturers are increasingly seeking out IT strategic consulting service providers to help transform their service life-cycle management offerings into a growth engine for the wider business. This is certainly a market where early movers will gain competitive advantage," said Heather Ashton, Research Manager for IDC Manufacturing Insights' Service Innovation and Connected Products Strategies Practice.
IDC MarketScape criteria selection, weightings, and vendor scores represent well-researched IDC judgment about the market and specific vendors. IDC analysts tailor the range of standard characteristics by which vendors are measured through structured discussions, surveys, and interviews with market leaders, participants and end users. Market weightings are based on user interviews, buyer surveys and the input of a review board of IDC experts in each market. IDC analysts base individual vendor scores, and ultimately vendor positions within the IDC MarketScape, on detailed surveys and interviews with the vendors, publicly available information and end-user experiences in an effort to provide an accurate and consistent assessment of each vendor's characteristics, behavior and capability.
For additional information about this report or to arrange a one-on-one briefing with Heather Ashton, please contact Sarah Murray at 781-378-2674 or email@example.com. Reports are available to qualified members of the media. For information on purchasing reports, contact firstname.lastname@example.org; reporters should email email@example.com.
About IDC MarketScape
IDC MarketScape vendor analysis model is designed to provide an overview of the competitive fitness of IT, telecommunications, or industry-specific suppliers in a given market. The research methodology utilizes a rigorous scoring methodology based on both qualitative and quantitative criteria that results in a single graphical illustration of each vendor's position within a given market. IDC MarketScape provides a clear framework in which the product and service offerings, capabilities and strategies, and current and future market success factors of IT, telecommunications, or industry-specific vendors can be meaningfully compared. The framework also provides technology buyers with a transparent foundation to allow companies to independently compare the strengths and weaknesses of current and prospective vendors.
About IDC Manufacturing Insights
IDC Manufacturing Insights assists manufacturing businesses and IT leaders, as well as the suppliers who serve them in making more effective technology decisions by providing accurate, timely, and insightful fact-based research and consulting services. Staffed by senior analysts with decades of industry experience, our global research analyzes and advises on business and technology issues facing asset intensive, brand oriented, technology oriented, and engineering oriented manufacturing industries. International Data Corporation (IDC) is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology market. IDC is a subsidiary of IDG, the world's leading technology, media, research, and events company. For more information, please visit www.idc-mi.com, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 508-988-7900. Visit the IDC Manufacturing Insights Community at http://idc-community.com/manufacturing.